Food & Beverage Team Member
Food and Beverage Team Members are trained operators who are responsible for ensuring the safe, smooth, and efficient operation of their assigned location(s), as well as maintaining the cleanliness of their location in both guest view and back areas while providing excellent Guest Service. They will exceed guest's expectation by efficiently taking, preparing, checking, and distributing each guest's order in a manner consistent with our company values using the knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing food products for consumption, including storage/handling techniques. Role is responsible for operating point of sale, including processing cash and credit card transactions.
- "Create Memories Worth Repeating" for our Guests by exceeding guest expectations
- Handle money with accuracy and efficiency, and give correct change
- Operation of variety of kitchen equipment including fryers, steamers, ovens, and possibly slicers
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers
- Clean and sanitize work areas, guest eating areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware, as well as sweep, scrub or mop the floor and clean windows as needed
- Completes all applicable department paperwork accurately and thoroughly
- Properly label and store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly, and when food and supplies are getting low, requisition needed supplies
- Enforces and adheres to all park, location, and safety policies and procedures
- Ability to wear appropriate job-specific personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Knows, follows, and enforces all department safety standards
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers
- Practice proper sanitation techniques including wearing mandated sanitation items such as gloves and hairnets
- Complete PCI training; perform in a manner compliant with company policies and procedures, including cash and credit card handling
- Protect company assets: money, merchandise, equipment. Maintain accurate records and loss prevention techniques by reporting any shoplifting, counterfeit bills, or any other activities that may be detrimental to the park
- Must be willing to work outside his or her zone of assignment to fulfill general park needs on occasion
- Ensure compliance with all Herschend Family Entertainment and Wild Adventures policies and procedures
- Represents the company to guests and other team members in a positive and friendly manner
- Satisfies Wild Adventure’s standards for performance and conduct. For example, reports to work regularly and on time
- Perform other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions and in presence of dust and odors. Team Members are susceptible to the exposure of various chemicals, bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens, prolonged exposure to sunlight, or rainy conditions.
BEYOND PAYDAY PERKS:
- FREE Season Admission to Wild Adventures For You and One Guest
- Complimentary Tickets To Give To Others
- Exclusive Team Member Events
- Park Wide Discounts
- Internal Promotions / Career Development Opportunities
- Team Member Recognition and Prizes
- Wholesome, family-oriented work environment
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this position.|
|O (Occasionally)||Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)|
|F (Frequently)||Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)|
|C (Constantly)||Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)|
|Walk||C||10 lbs or less||C|
|Manually Manipulate||C||21-50 lbs||O|
|Reach Outward||F||Over 100 lbs||O|
|Reach Above Shoulder||F|
|Climb||O||12 lbs or less||F|
|Squat or Kneel||O||26-40 lbs||O|
|Other Physical Requirements|
|Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)|
|Sense of Sound - ability to hear with both ears|
|Sense of Smell|
|Sense of Taste|
|Sense of Touch|
EDUCATION: Currently enrolled in High School, High School Graduate, or GED preferred
COMPUTER SKILLS: Strong basic computer skills; must be able to operate and understand the park's point of sale system(s)
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
Wild Adventures Theme Park is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Wild Adventures Theme Park drives a welcoming culture where ideas and decisions from all people support our efforts to be relevant in an ever-changing world.
This position is located at 3766 Old Clyattville RD, Valdosta, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.