Aquatics Slide Operators are trained operators who are responsible for ensuring the safe, smooth, and efficient operation of their assigned location(s), as well as maintaining the cleanliness of their area/location in both guest view and back areas while providing excellent Guest Service. Communication of attraction rules, safety rules, and crowd control are included in the daily job functions. Attractions Team Members work outdoors in all weather conditions and often perform physically demanding tasks.
- Interact with guests to ensure a safe, fast and friendly operation.
- Resolve guest concerns in a friendly, professional manner without deviating from safety procedures.
- Direct and assist Guests onto water attractions, ensure guests follow all posted signage, park rules and safety information, and enforce attraction rider requirements.
- Visually observe guests’ actions and ride operations to ensure compliance with park safety procedures.
- Follow procedures to activate the Emergency Action Plan in the event of an emergency.
- Completes all applicable department paperwork accurately and thoroughly
- Maintains excellent Guest Service and ensures guest relation problems are handled appropriately including directing, answering questions and interacting positively
- Must be able and willing to ride attractions daily
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Gloves, Hip Pack, Seal Easy, Safety Glasses, at least 30 SPF Sunscreen
- Must be willing to work outside his or her zone of assignment to fulfill general park needs on occasion
- Ensure compliance with all Herschend Family Entertainment and Wild Adventures policies and procedures
- Represents the company to guests and other team members in a positive and friendly manner
- Satisfies Wild Adventure’s standards for performance and conduct. For example, reports to work regularly and on time
- “Create Memories Worth Repeating” for our Guests by exceeding guest expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions and in presence of dust and odors. Team Members are susceptible to the exposure of various chemicals, bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens, prolonged exposure to sunlight or rainy conditions
BEYOND PAYDAY PERKS:
- FREE Season Admission to Wild Adventures For You and One Guest
- Complimentary Tickets To Give To Others
- Exclusive Team Member Events
- Park Wide Discounts
- Internal Promotions / Career Development Opportunities
- Team Member Recognition and Prizes
- Wholesome, family-oriented work environment
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this position.|
|O (Occasionally)||Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)|
|F (Frequently)||Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)|
|C (Constantly)||Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)|
|Walk||C||10 lbs or less||F|
|Manually Manipulate||F||21-50 lbs||O|
|Reach Outward||O||Over 100 lbs||O|
|Reach Above Shoulder||O|
|Climb||F||12 lbs or less||O|
|Squat or Kneel||F||26-40 lbs||O|
|Other Physical Requirements|
|Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)|
|Sense of Sound - ability to hear with both ears|
|Sense of Smell|
|Sense of Taste|
|Sense of Touch|
EDUCATION: Currently enrolled in High School, High School Graduate, or GED preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES: Position requires completion of ride certification
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
Wild Adventures Theme Park is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Wild Adventures Theme Park drives a welcoming culture where ideas and decisions from all people support our efforts to be relevant in an ever-changing world.
This position is located at 3766 Old Clyattville RD, Valdosta, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.