The Security Officer ensures Guest and Team Member safety throughout the park. Duties include handling and checking of guests' bags in a professional manner, as well as ensuring that prohibited items remain off park. Professional handling of a variety of situations is critical in this position. Security Officers have extensive interaction with park Guests and Team Members on a daily basis
- Crowd control for concerts and special events focusing on safety
- Execute ejections from the park with approval from the Safety and Maintenance Director, Safety/Security Manager, or the On Duty Contact for Safety and Security
- Conduct investigations for a variety of incidents including injuries, thefts, fights and other occurrences throughout the park
- Officers will assist with Bag Check Operations on a daily basis
- Handling and checking guests' bags before entering the park
- Write reports/witness statements with complete detail and accurate information as needed
- Handle sensitive and volatile situations in a calm and professional manner
- Keep guests and bystanders calm, out of any danger areas and away from the evacuation process in the event of a ride evacuation
- Have a detailed knowledge of the park to answer guest and Team Member questions in a friendly and accurate manner
- Knowledge of all gates in and around the park
- Operation of a variety of company vehicles including golf cart and others as needed
- Professional use of the radio, telephones, and computers as needed
- Assist with First Aid as needed or directed including emergency situations
- Handle Guest concerns professionally and efficiently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and basic computer skills
- Operation of the dispatch center on a daily basis
- Dispatching units to calls as needed
- Dispatching maintenance to ride calls
- Must be willing to work outside of his or her zone of assignment to fulfill general park needs on occasion
- Ensure compliance with all Herschend Family Entertainment and Wild Adventures policies and procedures
- Represents the company to guests and other team members in a positive and friendly manner
- Satisfies Wild Adventures' standards for performance and conduct. For example, reports to work regularly and on time
- "Create Memories Worth Repeating" for our Guests by exceeding guest expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions and in presence of dust and odors. Team Members are susceptible to the exposure of various chemicals, bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens, prolonged exposure to sunlight or rainy conditions.
BEYOND PAYDAY PERKS:
- FREE Season Admission to Wild Adventures For You and One Guest
- Complimentary Tickets to Give to Others
- Exclusive Team Member Events
- Park Wide Discounts
- Internal Promotions / Career Development Opportunities
- Team Member Recognition and Prizes
- Wholesome, family-oriented work environment
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor towards others
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate, conduct and conform to a set of values and accepted standards
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgements
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
EXPERIENCE: Basic knowledge of first aid (cleaning minor wounds and bandaging) and completion of park training including field training with a training officer is required. Previous experience in Law Enforcement, Private Security (armed or unarmed), Military, or Corrections is a plus.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate, or GED required
COMPUTER SKILLS: Basic understanding of Microsoft Office to include both Word and Excel. Must be able to multitask while dispatching/receiving calls via phone and radio. Keep accurate records on the computer for the afore mentioned calls.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES: Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must sign a letter of confidentiality upon entry into the Safety and Security Department. Violation of the terms outlined in this letter could result in termination.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to wear appropriate job-specific personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
Wild Adventures Theme Park is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Wild Adventures Theme Park drives a welcoming culture where ideas and decisions from all people support our efforts to be relevant in an ever-changing world.
This position is located at 3766 Old Clyattville RD, Valdosta, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.