Paralegal and Corporate Governance Specialist
Are you ready for your next career?
Globe Life seeking an experienced and self-motivated Paralegal and Corporate Governance Specialist to join our growing team in the Department.
The Corporate Governance Specialist will report to and assist the Corporate Senior Vice President, Associate Counsel & Corporate Secretary in performing a variety of functions on behalf of the Office of the Corporate Secretary and the Legal Department, including tasks related to corporate board and committee meetings, stock option plan administration/processing, SEC compliance, legal research, federal and state regulatory filings, and other general corporate governance, legal and compliance matters.
We offer a competitive salary with a great benefits package, including 401(K) match, pension plan, medical, dental, and vision health plans, short – term and long-term disability, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and other career development opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of Company attorneys in furtherance of the objectives of the Office of the Corporate Secretary and the Legal Department as a whole
- Regular communication with parent company and subsidiary board members, senior executives, and other key personnel
- Frequent interaction with the Company’s stock transfer agent and brokers, and with shareholders (periodically)
- Scheduling/calendaring of board and committee meetings, project/filing deadlines, etc.
- Preparation, filing, distribution and maintenance of various documents, including internal and external correspondence, SEC filings, agreements, questionnaires, meeting agendas, spreadsheets, and miscellaneous corporate records (e.g., organizational documents, board and committee minutes, transaction paperwork)
- Utilization of specialized software to: (i) facilitate communication between the Company and board members, (ii) create and disseminate board and committee books (advance meeting materials), and (iii) organize and retain key documents
- Additional duties and special projects, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Solid computer skills and high proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Discretion, sound judgment and firm commitment to maintaining confidentiality, where required
- Ability to interface professionally at all levels, including with board members and senior executives
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet changing deadlines and priorities
- Capable of initiating, drafting, editing and finalizing correspondence and other documentation
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to occasionally work beyond normal working hours, as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a Paralegal, Legal Assistant, or Legal/Executive Secretary in a law firm or corporate setting preferred, but not required
- Corporate governance experience a plus
This position is located at 3700 S. Stonebridge Dr., McKinney, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.