The Customer Retention Learning Specialist is responsible for the transition of all new conservation representatives from classroom training to application of knowledge, and will provide continuing education to current representatives. The Learning Specialist will monitor and report the effectiveness of employee training to ensure that all call center representatives are properly equipped with the knowledge and tools that are necessary for their success. The Learning Specialist must keep abreast of all new products and changes within the company to keep the representatives up-to-date on all relevant information. Floor responsibilities will include helping Representatives sign onto their computers, monitoring their calls and checking with them throughout the Representative’s first week to ensure a positive and smooth transition.
- Provide on-the-job training on all products and services associated with the Customer Retention Call Center, including sales techniques, use of computers and software, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and product knowledge.
- Conduct continuing education for current employees.
- Assign all new hires a workstation and set up user profiles on company PCs
- Update and maintain call center seating chart – ensure coordination of desk-sharing between daytime and nighttime employees
- Meet with managers and supervisors regularly to stay informed about any changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and/or technologies.
- Assist supervisors in working with representatives needing extra assistance to meet standards
- Serve as an interim classroom trainer for new hires, as needed
- Submit new hire security tickets to ensure access is granted timely
- Make updates to the training curriculum as needed and design changes to continuously improve its content and effectiveness
- Audit live phone calls to identify training opportunities and conduct group and one-on-one coaching sessions as needed.
- May assist with taking/making calls as needed based on departmental call volumes.
- Help to motivate and maintain a positive environment amongst all employees
- Help in design of contests and campaigns to motivate staff toward good performance
- Troubleshoot any computer or phone problems for new hires.
- Must be familiar with products of all of the Globe Life And Accident Companies.
- Have a strong working knowledge of all types of Customer Retention programs (i.e., CSE, Letter Writer, Mainframe, eService/Citrix, Conservation Screen, etc.)
- Have a positive and energetic outlook while working with new hires.
- Strong and adaptable communication skills based on the learning method that works best for the new Representative.
- Know when to escalate issues to Management’s attention.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise instructions and complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office and PC skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Must have the ability to give honest and productive feedback.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven presentation/facilitation skills.
- Reliable and predictable attendance of your assigned shift
- Ability to work Full-Time and/or Part-Time based on the specific position for which you're applying
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of prior training/teaching experience and/or combination of experience and education.
- Prior customer service experience in an insurance setting a plus.
This position is located at 3700 S. Stonebridge Dr., McKinney, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.