Remote RX Underwriter
Remote RX Underwriter Opportunities
At Globe Life, we are always looking to connect with talented Life Insurance Underwriters who can play a key role in the company’s growth. This year will be an exciting time to join our Underwriting team because we have undertaken a transformational effort to update our tools and achieve accelerated underwriting.
We are actively networking with Underwriters because we anticipate this team to grow throughout 2022. If you are interested in learning more about underwriting opportunities at Globe Life and you are open to a new opportunity with us, we have immediate opportunities for an RX Underwriter. This is a remote position for our Texas and Oklahoma corporate office.
Joining Globe Life Insurance comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
Globe Life ranks 2nd Nationwide in J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Survey.
We offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package, including 401(k) match, medical, dental, and vision health plans, short and long-term disability, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and other career development opportunities
Come join our team!
Primary duties & responsibilities consist of:
- Screening medication data for life insurance applications
- Analyzing high risk medications and combinations of high risk medications
- Assessment of adverse health information relating to classification of risk
- Knowledge and identification of off-label medication uses
- Screening life insurance applications for selection of standard and substandard risks
- Evaluating health information received with add-ons and reinstatements
- MIB code reporting and interpretation of MIB code data
- All duties require identification of medical terminology
- Assist with other underwriting areas as deemed necessary by department leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to deliver complex information clearly, concisely and understandable
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality, exhibit sensitivity, and tact.
- Must have excellent organization skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to work independently and make logical decisions based on the information provided.
- Critical thinking skills required on a daily basis.
- Computer proficiency including high comfort level with Microsoft office product suite
- Minimum of 3 plus years of insurance experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to review complex health documents
- Initiative, drive, and the highest level of integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Commitment to teamwork
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound judgment
- Available to work extended hours as business need requires
- Reliable and predictable attendance of your assigned shift
- Ability to work Full-Time and/or Part-Time based on the specific position for which you're applying
Education and Experience:
- Some college coursework preferred, however will consider 5+ years life insurance industry experience in lieu of degree
- Excellent time management
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Quick learner and ability to have strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate productivity without heavy supervision
This position is located at 3700 S. Stonebridge Dr., McKinney, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.