Technical Business Analyst II/SQL Server Developer (Texas Remote or Hybrid)
Experience what being part of the Globe Life family feels like. Be inspired by your leaders, encouraged, and cheered on by your teammates to excel and be supported in your career while working with us. We offer a competitive salary with a great benefits package, including 401(K) match, medical, dental, and vision health plans, short – term and long-term disability, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and other career development opportunities.
The primary function of this position is to support the business processes and workflows used to transfer data to and from our Lawson Financial applications for GL, CB and AP. This position will also be expected to help develop, code, manage and test changes to these business processes and workflows. This position will also help create and maintain our data models used to support Financial and Headcount reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolve issues with daily imports in a timely manner
- Use technical workflow knowledge to identify and assist in the resolution of import and export errors
- Ensure effective internal controls are designed into new business processes and workflows
- Clearly document all key actions in our issue tracking system
- Create or update interface requirements
- Develop, Code, and execute test plans for new functionality
- Serve as the back up to the other department analyst as well as other assigned duties
- Available Schedules
- Remote in Texas and DFW areas
- Hybrid (WFH/Remote - Monday and Friday) & (In Office - Tuesday thru Thursday)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Workday preferred
- Lawson HCM and Financial applications preferred
- Infor Process Automation (IPA) experience preferred
- Experience with the creation of data warehouse/data cubes
- Experience creating complex SQL queries, CTE, Indexing, stored procedures, views, functions…etc.
- SSIS, Informatica or other ETL tool experience preferred
- Excellent skills in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in T-SQL
- Able to develop and deliver quality code while meeting deadlines
- Experienced with AWS cloud
- Good communication skills are required when working with the various user departments and IT
- Experience with balancing interfaces in or out of the general ledger or Accounts Payable module is a plus
- Experience in developing and documenting test plans
- Experience using source control (git, VSTS...etc)
- Excellent number recognition skills
- Advanced skill in Excel is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with competency in spelling and grammar
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to objectively analyze, recognize problem situations and develop system solutions.
- Must exhibit ability to maintain confidentiality and loyalty, exhibit empathy, patience and tact
- Must be a team player
Applicable to all employees of Globe Life & Accident and its subsidiaries:
• Reliable and predictable attendance of your assigned shift
• Ability to work full time and/or part time based on the position specifications.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a quantitative discipline or Advanced Degree (Masters) in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, Operations Research, or other quantitative disciplines
- Minimum three to five years of ERP software experience
- Substantial analytical experience in Insurance industry preferred.
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Workday experience highly preferred
- Lawson experience preferred
- Developer Experience
- Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica IICS experience a plus
- Tableau experience preferred
- Strong SQL Server Skills
- Strong SQL Development Skills
- SSIS Skills
- SSAS Skills a Plus
This position is located at 3700 S. Stonebridge Dr., McKinney, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.