Staff Tax Accountant
To assist in the preparation of returns complying with federal and state tax laws, and in the reporting of the quarterly and year-end federal income tax provisions. To identify, research and analyze the tax issues and opportunities affecting the company and effectively communicate recommendations for resolving those issues.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assistance with federal and state income tax compliance process for subsidiary corporations, including preparation of quarterly and year-end federal income tax provisions
- Assistance with researching federal and state tax issues and other special projects
- Assistance with developing, analyzing, and documenting tax planning opportunities, tax compliance issues and other special projects
- Assistance with resolution of issues raised during Internal Revenue Service examinations and various state examinations
- Communication with financial reporting personnel
- Active pursuit of individual professional development and continuing education opportunities
- Preparation of premium tax returns for insurance corporations
Is this a Union position?
- Good analytical, technical and tax accounting skills familiar with US GAAP (ASC 740), US corporate tax compliance, and consolidated returns.
- Insurance company taxation and accounting (SSAP 101) preferred but not required.
- Solid PC and advanced Excel skills required
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence and accountability
- Ability to interact with others in the department and Company while demonstrating individual initiative, resourcefulness, and independent thinking
- Ability to managing multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- 1-2 years of federal and state tax compliance/consulting experience in public accounting or tax department of a publically traded company.
- An undergraduate and graduate degree in accounting/tax required; CPA designation not required
This position is located at 3700 S. Stonebridge Dr., McKinney, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.