Insurance Verification Specialist - Remote
Insurance Verification Specialist
The Quality Assurance Department is responsible for verifying life and health insurance applications directly with potential customers. It is a vital part of our Company’s New Business and Underwriting process. The information you verify and gather directly relates to determining whether the Company will decline or issue a policy.
Summary Job Description:
We’re looking for outgoing, hardworking individuals who are self-starters, can work independently and are detail oriented. As a Verification Call Center Representative you’ll handle inbound and outbound telephone calls with potential customers and accurately document the information on the appropriate database. You must have a positive, helpful attitude with customers to quickly gather information and record it. There is no cold calling and no phone sales. Friendly, casual work environment with full-time and part-time positions available.
Excellent earning potential – hourly wage plus bonus based on performance.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Maneuver within the Quality Assurance database and conduct appropriate assessments on what additional information or verification is needed
- Ability to handle inbound/outbound calls to potential customers – verify and document required information to finalize applications for underwriting assessment.
- Accurately document the information
- Properly document non-contact attempts within the Quality Assurance Database
- Be able to properly explain the application process to potential customers
- Accurately and thoroughly complete additional paperwork when needed
- Maintain appropriate levels of communication with supervision regarding actions taken within the Quality Assurance database
- Transfer calls to appropriate department as needed
- Successfully meet the minimum expectation for departmental key performance indicators (K.P.I’s)
- Reliable and predictable attendance of your assigned shift
- Ability to work Full-Time and/or Part-Time based on the specific position for which you're applying
OccasionalBe enlisted in special projects that encompass making numerous outbound calls, recording activities requested by/from customers, etc.
Is this a Union position?
- Bilingual English and/or Spanish
- Minimum typing requirement of 35 wpm
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Superior customer service skills required – friendly, efficient, good listener
- Proficient use of the computer, keyboard functions and Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of medical terminology and spelling a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Have a desire to learn and grow within the Company
This position is located in McKinney, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.