The Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse, and preventive services for children, adults, and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community. The Mission of the Gándara Center is to promote the well-being of Hispanics, African-Americans, and other culturally diverse populations, through innovative, culturally competent behavioral health, prevention, and educational services.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the SQL Report Writer works with the Senior Data Analyst. Responsibilities include report development, raw data extracts, maintenance and documentation of scripts, issue resolution as well as the support of the institution's database systems. The position is also required to validate data for accuracy and errors. Requires to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, performing systems analyst tasks, and prioritizing tasks among multiple assigned projects.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with data from a variety of sources (text files, excel spreadsheets, MSSQL databases, Active Directory, Cisco Switches)
- Analyze tables to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing
- Create and edit stored procedures, views, functions, and queries on SQL Server to pull required data for reporting purposes using SQL Server Management Studio
- Create, maintain, publish, and edit visual reports with charts and dashboards
- Produce key performance indicator reports for management review
- Test and validate reports to ensure accuracy and quality
- Provide backup and assistance to IT Administrator as required
- Understanding of database security users and roles
- Experience with ETL tools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science or technical training in database design and SQL
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL query performance tuning, with a working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of healthcare-related operations, procedures/functions, and the relationships between them to drive Quality Outcomes Measures and Outcomes
- 1-3 years experience using Crystal Reports and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Certifications a plus
- Experience in healthcare and business processes preferred
- Optional: Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Optional: Experience with Microsoft Power BI systems or Tableau
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
LEADERSHIP, TEAM MANAGEMENT, AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Sensitivity to, and respect for, the diverse world views and different communication styles of individuals of diverse ethnic, linguistic and/or cultures which nurture and shape an organization that celebrates and promotes diversity in its workforce;
Highly effective and well-honed verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English; interpersonal skills necessary to persuade and guide both peers and other Agency staff regarding operational matters.
Exhibit exemplary customer service, compassion, and care in the execution of all duties and interactions.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This position is located at 630 Silver Street, Agawam, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.