Therapeutic Mentor - $500 Stay-On Incentive Eligible!
Children's Behavioral Health
Youth/Therapeutic Mentor (Bilingual)
$500 Stay-On Incentive Eligible! *
We're looking to bring on Therapeutic Mentors for our various programs throughout the state of Massachusetts! These sites include Boston, New Bedford, Brockton, Fitchburg, Springfield, Holyoke and Chicopee.
The Therapeutic Mentor (TM) provides youth under the age of 21 in any setting (i.e. home, community, etc.), structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs. Services are designed to support age appropriate social functioning or ameliorate deficits in the youth’s age-appropriate social functioning. Therapeutic Mentoring services include supporting, coaching, and training the youth in age appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other children and adolescents, as well as adults. The TM creates strategic activities in order to meet a pre-established goal. Progress is documented and reported regularly to the youth’s current treatment providers.
Therapeutic Mentor Job Requirements
- Direct time with youth engaged in activities in the home and community that are designed to address one or more goals on the youth’s existing treatment plan, or ICP.
- Provide coaching, supporting, and training in order to ensure the youth’s success in navigating various social contexts, learning new skills, and making functional progress.
- Maintains phone and face-to-face consultation with youth on a regular basis (i.e. at least weekly and as often as necessary)
- Collaborate with other necessary individuals the youth and family may have contact with, such as Case Managers, Probation Officers, Judges, District Attorneys, Attorneys, Teachers, Physicians, etc.
- Attend IEP meetings, CPT meetings and any other meeting necessary to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide goal-oriented services.
- Ability to Work well as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, analytical and decisive in problem solving.
- Demonstrated communications and organizational capabilities.
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived experience.
- Submit detailed progress notes that follow federal, state, and agency requirements.
- Provides client with transportation for treatment related activities.
Therapeutic Mentor Candidate Requirements
Employee Type: Full Time
- Minimum Experience Required: 1 year
- Degree Required: Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma/GED.
- Lived Experience a Plus
- Driver’s License and proper auto insurance required.
- Bilingual Fluency Required: English + Spanish, Portuguese, or Cape Verdean Creole.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
*Note: Stay-on Bonus is awarded at 3rd and 6th months of employment if employee is in good performance standing. Hiring and Stay-on Incentives are subject to review/change at agency's discretion. This program runs from June 10 - Oct 31, 2021.
This position is located in Brockton, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.