SUD Avanzando Program Cook
Substance Use & Recovery
We're looking for a House Cook to work within the Co-Occurring Enhanced Residential Rehabilitation Services (RRS)’s team model to actively promote the philosophy of Gandara Center and to maintain a high level of commitment to the program and its goal of reintegrating residents into the community through various social, vocational, and educational roles, to work with adults in mental health and substance abuse recovery by actively demonstrating a commitment to providing healthy and nutritious meals, to informing residents about nutrition and healthy choices, and to promoting the overall health and well being of the residents.
House Cook Duties
- To plan weekly menus that meet USDA nutritional standards for adults.
- To compile shopping and supply lists within the weekly budget; keep an up to date and accurate supply inventory; and organize and submit receipts in a timely manner.
- To purchase food that is healthy and nutritional and to prepare daily meals for twenty adults.
- To be able to engage with residents regarding questions about nutrition, calories and the relationship between diet and overall health.
- To prepare food for special events and/or client recreational activities.
- To keep refrigeration records and comply with Health Department regulations for dish and kitchen sanitation.
- Sanitize kitchen daily.
- To participate in trainings required by agency and those that may enhance the culinary and nutritional experiences of the residents.
- Acquire and maintain current the necessary certifications mandated by the agency and funding sources.
- Adhere to program and agency policies and procedures.
- Inform Program Director of needs or concerns regarding food service operations in a timely manner.
- Valid Serv-Safe Certification required.
- 3 years’ food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of current health and nutritional standards.
- Keeps up with evolving trends regarding nutrition and health and willing to be creative in making meals that both taste good and contribute to the overall health of the residents.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and able to multi-task.
- Must have valid driver’s license, personal transportation and meet agency requirement for driving record history.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located in Ludlow, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.