Department: DDS Program
Reports To: DDS Program Director
Position Purpose and Objectives:
We're looking for a Program Director for our Allen Street Program in Springfield to provide leadership for the DDS Program, establishing open communication, support, and accountability among workers and consumers. The Program Manager is accountable to the DDS Program Director, who is responsible for providing supervision and training. The Program Manager is one who actively promotes the philosophy of the DDS Program, and maintains a high level of commitment to the program. This position is full time[exempt].
Duties and Client Service Responsibilities
- To be accountable for the quality and quantity of all services provided by the program.
- To hire, terminate, promote, evaluate and discipline staff as needed.
- To schedule and coordinate program activities with staff.
- To promote the right of people with special needs to exercise choice and to make meaningful decisions in their lives.
- To respect the dignity of each individual through vigorous promotion of human and civil rights which, in part, strives to keep people free from abuse or neglect.
- To ensure that adequate services and flexible resources are non-intrusive, cost-effective, and provided by qualified, trained personnel to meet individual needs and preferences.
- To empower individuals and their families to speak out for themselves and others, initiate ideas, have choices, and make decisions about needed supports.
- To provide entry to services through a single, local and familiar community setting.
- To operate according to approved management practices.
- Screen all referrals to the program.
- To be responsible to see that client records are kept accurate and up to date.
- To conduct meetings with staff for administrative and clinical purposes.
- To be available to implement job functions both in and out of the Center as well as to respond to crises that may occur with a client at any time while in our care.
- To devise treatment plans (PSTP/ISP), review them quarterly, and supervise staff implementation of plans.
- To perform an assessment on all referred/admitted consumers to programs.
- To supervises all operations/client care provided by the clinical staff of the program.
- To manage client’s clinical services; overall management of treatment planning process.
- To assure adherence to program treatment philosophy.
- To develop accountability systems for staff and clients.
- To deliver services to any client in the program in the event that the assigned staff is unavailable.
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with consumers.
- To provide for crisis intervention.
- To provide for client and staff care and safety, and adheres to all safety measures.
- To adhere to program and agency policies and procedures.
- To oversee the supervision and training of all program staff.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Adult Residential Services.
Administrative Responsibilities/Record Keeping
- To be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing program quality management and improvement plan.
- To be responsible for compliance with DDS licensing and rehabilitation option certification.
- To be responsible for the submission of program monthly reports.
- To facilitates and attends scheduled staff meetings.
- To maintain client records in accordance with standard format and timetables.
- To maintain program adherence to state license and regulation procedures.
- To review and authorize all vouchers, expenditures and billing.
- To plan, monitor and amend program budget.
- To write contract proposals, and develops proposals for new program components as needed.
- To facilitate employment practices of the program.
- To attend scheduled supervisory meetings.
- To conduct regular supervision meetings with subordinates and performs annual performance appraisals.
- To maintain assigned financial record keeping and submit requests and/or report accurately and in a timely manner.
- To accurately complete and submit timesheets weekly and in a timely manner.
- To be available to implement job functions both in and out of the Agency as needs require and/or Agency policy permits.
- To submit acquisition orders for supply procurement per established Agency procedures.
- To ensures program compliance of all Agency policies and funding sources.
Program and Staff Development Services
- To enhance public awareness of the valuable roles persons with mental retardation assume in society through promotion of physical and social integration.
- To coordinate and/or provide training to program staff
- To plan effective administration of the program which includes but is not limited to developing written procedures of the program, securing adequate staffing, program monitoring and program evaluation.
- To assist in annual program planning and report writing as it relates to the program.
- To assist in the monitoring of personal effectiveness in implementing job functions.
- To plans and oversees effective administration of the program, which includes but is not limited to, developing written procedures for the program, program monitoring, and program evaluation.
- To represents the agency in a professional manner.
- To conduct long term planning of program’s goals and objectives.
- To develop systems to assure that all services are effectively delivered.
- To develop systems to monitor the quality of all program activities.
- To work within processes and procedures of referral source.
- To be able to react positively to change and to handle other tasks assigned due to changing environments.
- To participate in all marketing/outreach services which will promote and increase service delivery.
- To coordinates the program’s quality and utilization management efforts.
Program Manager Job Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of clients’ behavioral dynamics.
- Knowledge related to the treatment of client population.
- Knowledge of state regulations and licensing procedures regarding service provision.
- Knowledge of community resources/agencies.
- Knowledge of training needs and procedures.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and decision making abilities.
- Ability to manage budget procedures.
- Ability to monitor the flow of written communications and records to appropriate agencies.
- Demonstrated client advocacy skills and ability to establish viable working relationships with appropriate agencies.
- Demonstrated excellent supervisory and delegation skills.
- Ability to structure and organize job responsibilities and work independently.
- Ability to master First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving and Fire Safety.
- Demonstrated excellent math, verbal and communication skills.
- Displays sound judgment.
- Works well as a team leader.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Program Manager Minimum Qualifications
- Must have a master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience working with mentally ill.
- Must have two years of supervisory experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must meet Agency requirements for driving history records.
- Must be bilingual, preferably bi-cultural.
- Must have availability of an automobile to transport clients or perform other supportive services as necessary.
- This position is a 40 hour a week position, five (5), seven (8) hour days. Greater emphasis, however, is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to the position than on working a specified number of hours. Likewise, he/she may be required to work some holidays and/or some weekends. The Program Manager utilizes his/her own office space for purposes of supervision, record keeping, writing progress notes and other administrative tasks. Working conditions also include travel between the program and client residences, scheduled meetings, etc. This position involves being exposed to high risk populations and smoking environments.
III. Program and Staff Success Factors
- Recognizing that ethnic and cultural diversity of each individual must be valued and respected.
- Supporting the dignity of achievement that results from risk-taking and making informed choices.
- Recognizing that realizing one’s potential takes courage, skills, and support.
- Patience and compassion
- High energy level; self initiated
- Performs well under stress and in the event of a crisis
- Open, direct interpersonal style of communication
- Dependable, committed and motivated
- Organized and efficient
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Ability to maintain good attendance
- Recognizing that services providing meaningful benefits to individuals require a commitment to ongoing monitoring and evolutionary change.
- Seeks and uses management staff for training and supervision.
- Attends Agency required trainings.
- Engages in self-evaluation to develop professional goals.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays & 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at 27-29 Allison Lane, Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.