Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician
The Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse, and preventive services for children, adults, and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community. The Mission of the Gándara Center is to promote the well-being of Hispanics, African-Americans, and other culturally diverse populations, through innovative, culturally competent behavioral health, prevention, and educational services.
We are looking for a Help Desk Technician who will provide technical support and assistance, whether on the phone, in person, or remotely, related to computer systems, hardware, and software. The Help Desk Technician will be part of our Information Technology Department and will support our offices throughout the state to fulfill our mission.
Essential Job Functions - Service Excellence - necessary to meet overall agency goals and provide service excellence to program consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person requests for assistance from customers experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Log and track all incidents and activity using ticket management system
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for customer problems.
- Computer/Laptop build, deployment, troubleshooting, and decommissioning
- Travel to Ga̒ndara sites to assist with on-site troubleshooting, training, or other needs, when appropriate. Travel to Eastern Mass required at times.
- Attend all staff meetings, team meetings, and applicable in-services trainings.
- Call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products or to request technical assistance, as needed.
- Test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether products will aid customers in performing work.
- Write software and hardware evaluations and recommendations for supervisor review.
- Work with the supervisor and other team members to implement organization-wide deployments of new hardware and software.
- Train users on software and hardware on-site or in a classroom.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Adhere to all policies and practices of professional behavior as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform all aspects of the position with integrity and the highest ethical standards.
- Exhibit professional behavior with regards to arriving on time for work and meetings.
- Exhibit professionalism in all written and verbal communication.
- Model respect, integrity, and appreciation.
- Exercise care, safety, and security for all staff and clients.
- Uphold Gandara’s organizational mission statement and commitments.
- Support team and organizational decisions as it relates to direct care of consumers.
- Treat all employees and consumers of Gandara with the highest level of respect and dignity.
- Exhibit an open, direct interpersonal style of communication.
- Occasional exposure to at-risk populations. Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and driving. Requires vision, hearing, speech, and use of the fingers for fine activities. Requires occasional lifting of objects up to 30 pounds, carrying, kneeling, and crawling.
- College degree in a related field, and/or 2 years experience in IT technical support.
- Bilingual English/Spanish encouraged to apply.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This position is located at 630 Silver Street, Agawam, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.