Director of Finance - Non-Profit
Director of Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Location: Gándara Health Center, Main Office, West Springfield, MA
The Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse, and preventive services for children, adults, and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. We believe in our communities and value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community. Our mission is to promote the well-being of Hispanics, African-Americans, and other culturally diverse populations, through innovative, culturally competent behavioral health, prevention, and educational services – Changing Lives one family a time.
We’re growing and looking for a Director of Finance to join our Fiscal team. The Director of Finance will be a leader in and of the Analytical Team and will be responsible for duties that include budgets, reconciliations, general ledger, analysis and production of financial statements, oversight of senior staff, and other special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee operations of fiscal department.
- Presents recommendations to management of financial objectives and policies.
- Supervise senior analysts.
- Analysis of monthly financial reports and contracts.
- Compliance with State and Federal regulators.
- Manage audits, and tax returns.
- Analysis of accounting software and recommendations for process improvement.
- Provide annual evaluations for direct staff.
- Budgeting, planning and forecasting.
- Attends meetings with divisional vice presidents.
- Other ad hoc assignments as necessary.
- Establish internal controls.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to structure and organize job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent finance and analytical skills.
- Displays sound judgment.
- Works collaboratively as a team member.
- Adheres to the tenets of Gándara Mental Health Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Masters preferred.
- Bilingual [English & Spanish] preferred, Bicultural, encouraged to apply.
- Financial department and operations oversight.
- Contract management.
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Supports the mission and goals of Gandara Center.
- Blackbaud Financial Edge or NXT experience.
- Non Profit Accounting experience.
- UFR Reporting.
- Contract and Third Party Billing experience.
This position is a 40 hour a week position, five (5), eight (8) hour days.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 147 Norman Street, West Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.