Medical Assistant - Outpatient Clinic
Counseling & Wellness
Medical Assistant - Springfield, MA
We’re looking for a Medical Assistant to provide paramedical, clerical, and administrative support to Prescribers and the Medical Director. The role includes providing language translation and other duties associated with medical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Running daily prior authorizations with pharmacy, by fax and phone in a timely manner
- Provide customer service to clients, including scheduling/rescheduling/cancelling appointments, responding to inquiries, translations, and liaising between staff members, and addressing issues as they arise
- Rendering (billing) services daily
- Filing documents in charts, as assigned
- Providing prescribers charts that coincide with appointments
- Escorting clients to and from waiting area
- Collecting and providing lab results documentation to prescribers
- Supervise client urine specimen collection (ensuring the integrity of the chain of custody), as assigned
- Perform clerical duties such as phone calls, faxing, photocopying, or transcribing, as assigned
- Communicate any facility, medical team, or other operational issues to the Floor Supervisor, Practice Manager, or other member of the Outpatient Services Division management team in a timely manner
- Review and respond to voicemails within 2 business days.
- Review prescriber voicemails, as assigned, and facilitate response in a timely manner
- Substitute temporarily for medical records, reception, front desk, intake, or other support positions, as assigned
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Qualifications/ Job Requisites:
- Minimum HS Diploma/equivalency and Medical Assistant Certification.
- Basic knowledge of office practices and professional environment, as they relate to job functions.
- Must understand the populations and information sensitivity [i.e. HIPAA and privacy laws and regulation], and protocols required in mental health.
- Bilingual [English/Spanish] encouraged to apply.
Normal office environment, however, the job requires frequent standing, walking, and sitting; occasional lifting/ carrying up to 25lbs. unassisted; ability to communicate with all levels of internal staff and outside vendors; etc.; exposure to data/ exposure to data/ information which must remain confidential; flexibility in work hours and project assignments.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at 2155 Main Street, Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.