Bilingual Intake Coordinator - Outpatient Clinic
Counseling & Wellness
We’re looking for a candidate for the role of the Intake Coordinator who will report to the Practice Manager and receives weekly supervision on a part-time basis. Additionally, the Intake Coordinator will provide formal and informal reports about intake utilization and protocols in order to further improve client access and service quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous and timely customer service.
- Adhere to Agency and program policies and procedures.
- Initiate and complete all administrative paperwork included in the Client Intake Packet.
- Ensure that intake paperwork meets quality assurance standards [as determined by Division Director or designee] and is prepared for entry into the client chart.
- Respond to all intake calls and voicemails within two business days.
- Orient client to service availabilities, rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure client ID is assigned, documented, and entered into any and all database and relevant systems.
- Provide guidance and incidental [“dotted-line”] supervisor to any assigned support staff assisting with intake duties.
- Communicate in a timely manner with Practice Manager when additional resources or support is needed.
- Assist with phone calls and translations as needed.
Qualifications/ Job Requisites:
- Minimum HS Diploma/equivalency with business-related course or equivalency.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Thorough knowledge of billing practices and managed care requirements, as they relate to job functions.
- Basic knowledge of scheduling [systems and procedures].
- Must understand the population and information sensitivity [i.e. HIPAA and privacy laws and regulation], and protocols required in mental health. Must be bilingual [English/Spanish].
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at 2155 Main Street, Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.