Recovery Specialist Supervisor
Substance Use & Recovery
Recovery Specialist Supervisor
We are seeking a Recovery Specialist Supervisor work at our Cornerstone Recovery Program to actively promote the philosophy of Gándara Center and maintain a high level of commitment to the program. The Recovery Specialist Supervisor will supervise and support direct care staff, to assist clients to remain actively involved in the milieu and attend to their needs, especially during stressful and crisis situations. The Recovery Specialist Supervisor will provide advocacy and safety within the milieu and when supervising clients off-site, notify supervisors immediately in the event of a client or milieu crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an incident in the program. The Recovery Specialist Supervisor will also transport clients to appointments as needed, acquire and maintain necessary certifications mandated by the agency and licensing standards.
Recovery Specialist Supervisor duties:
- To supervise and support direct care staff and conduct regular bi-weekly supervision meetings with staff.
- To maintain supportive contact with residents to continually assess their individual needs, monitor their progress, advocate for them when necessary, and intervene during stressful or crisis situations.
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the clients, providing for their care, safety and well-being.
- To develop, cultivate and manage a positive culture and milieu where individuals feel safe and encouraged to grow.
- To maintain client records as per licensing standards and adhere to program policies, procedures and protocols.
- To respond to after hour crisis management and participate in an on call beeper rotation.
- To participate in all staff meetings, supervisions, case conferences and trainings to maximize the quality of our service.
- To collaborate closely with Program Director and Clinical Director to enhance quality of services and continuity of care.
- To collaborate with other care providers including psychiatrists, PCP’s, labs, families, recovery centers, etc. in a professional manner with the goal of facilitating positive community partnerships and continuity of care for residents.
- To complete all paperwork responsibilities including case notes, time sheets, schedules, incident reports in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- To cohesively participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to enhance the therapeutic experience of the milieu for the residents and to utilize all evidenced base practices available to assist in their successful recovery process.
Recovery Specialist Supervisor qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services field or four years’ experience working with individuals with SUD or MH disorders in a residential, outreach, inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Past Supervisory experience is required.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, ability to meet agency’s driving requirements, and ability to assume travel assignments related to work.
- Bi-lingual and/or bi-cultural preferred.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at 59 South Street, Ware, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.