Direct Care Staff - Part-Time + Relief
Community & Prevention
Direct Care - Part-Time + Relief - Brighter Futures Young Adult Housing Program
We're looking for Direct Care Workers for our Brighter Futures Young Adult Housing Program to work an overnight schedule.
The ideal candidate will maintain a youth-centered, safe and therapeutic environment within an overnight emergency shelter for young adults experiencing homelessness. The Direct Care Worker will ensure program participants follow all program rules and expectations and receive necessary support services. The Direct Care Worker will ensure that emergency situations are handled and reported in a professional manner.
- Good communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to deal with conflict in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to master First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving, Fire Safety and crisis intervention
- Ability to maintain proper attendance.
- Sound judgment.
- Work well as a team member.
- Must be able to physically walk rounds of the property.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of experience working in a related field dealing with youth preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must meet Agency requirements for driving history records.
- Must have availability of an automobile to transport clients or perform other supportive services as necessary.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
*Relief Direct Care Staff do not qualify for benefits.
Please forward your Resume/CV to Emily English at email@example.com, Sharon Hall-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org and Gándara Careers at email@example.com.
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at 41 Hayden Ave, Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.