Peer Gambling Ambassador
Community & Prevention
Peer Gambling Ambassador
Location: Hope for Holyoke Peer Recovery Support Center
Hours: Part-time position
We are searching for Peer Gambling Ambassadors to join our Hope for Holyoke Team in Holyoke. MA. The Peer Ambassador will work within a team to deliver problem gambling prevention education to primary men of color with a history of substance misuse. These services are delivered in community-based settings, within communities disproportionately impacted by problem gambling in Massachusetts. This initiative is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Office of Problem Gambling Services.
Training: The peer ambassadors will be trained in the prevention of problem gambling and related subjects prior to delivering services. Additional, ongoing support, training, and technical assistance will be provided as part of the employment.
- Participation in all training activities and events
- Attend weekly supervision
- Attend monthly statewide meetings
- Work in collaboration with other peer ambassadors locations
- Develop relationships with other community organizations
- Conduct outreach in the community
- Plan and facilitate individual education sessions in the community
- Plan and co-facilitate group education sessions in the community
- Report education activities back to the team and supervisor
- Openness to learn and serve the community
- Openness to embracing and working with culturally and linguistically diverse men of color
- Preference is given to men of color and in recovery
- Openness to supporting all pathways of recovery
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) encouraged to apply.
- Valid driver’s license preferred or in process
- Possess or willingness to learn basic computer skills
Benefits for Part-Time Employees
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, up to 32 hours
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community
This position is located at 98 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.