Residential Staff II - Pride House Youth Program
Youth/Young Adult Residential
Residential Staff II/ Direct Care II - Pride House
We're searching for an open-minded individual for our Pride House program -- serving youth in the LGBTQ+ community in Massachusetts. Be a part of this supportive and forward-thinking team!
We're looking to bring on board a Residential Counselor/ Direct Care II who will fulfill all expectations of a Direct Care I but will take more of a leadership role. 2nd and third shifts/ overnight help wanted!
- To assure that applicable rules, policies and procedures are being followed on their shifts.
- To adhere to all the expectations of a Direct Care.
- To assist the Supervisor in leading a shift.
- To provide appropriate, safe responses to emergency situations when necessary.
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the clients.
- To provide for client care and safety, and observe all safety measures.
- To recognize that ethnic and cultural diversity of each individual must be valued and respected.
- To provides crisis intervention.
- To notify Program Manager immediately in the event of a client crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an incident in the program.
- Previous work in related field dealing with youths preferred, Experience with LGBTQ population preferred.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must have a valid Ma. license
- Must have a reliable vehicle available to transport clients or provide other supportive services as necessary.
- Performs well under stress and in the event of a crisis.; Open, direct interpersonal style of communication.
- MAP Certified
- Able to pass an EEC CORI
- Dependable, committed and motivated.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at Burts Road, Northampton, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.