Direct Care Staff I & II - New Beginnings Youth Program
Youth/Young Adult Residential
AFS Direct Care Staff I & II* - New Beginnings Youth Program
Locations: Springfield, Chicopee, Holyoke
Division: Adolescent & Child Residential Services
We're looking for a Direct Care Staff/ Residential Counselor for our Youth Residential Program to maintain a therapeutic environment within the residence, which includes meeting the needs of the client in the following areas: safety, medical, emotional, food, clothing and shelter. To participate in the development of reasonable limits and structure for each child and to implement these limits on a daily basis in the residence and community in a fair and consistent manner.
Essential Job Functions
I. Client Services - necessary to meet overall agency goals and provide services to program consumers.
- To implement each client's individual Level Plan objectives under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and Direct Care Supervisor.
- To accurately log all required documentation.
- Responsible for acting as a "Staff Advocate" for one client.
II. Program and Staff Development Services
- Necessary to meet overall program and agency goals, and provide support to management and program staff.
- To work as a cooperative team member and to be a positive role model for clients.
- To assist clients in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities including cleaning, cooking, maintenance, and laundry. To willingly perform these tasks when clients in a fair and consistent manner.
- To plan and organize a variety of appropriate recreational and social activities.
- To assume other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Program Director or Program Supervisor
III. Administrative Responsibilities/Record Keeping
- Necessary to meet administrative requirements of the job by government bodies, funding sources, agency policy, etc.
- Knowledge of Agency policies, practices, and procedures and to meet all rules and regulations of the Agency.
- Attends required mandatory Staff meetings.
- Participate in all Departmental trainings as directed by Program Director.
IV. Professional Growth and Development
- Necessary to develop to full potential professionally.
- Seeks and uses management staff for training and supervision.
- Attends Agency and Department required meetings and trainings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Good communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to deal with conflict in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to maintain proper attendance.
This position is a 40 hour a week position, five (5), eight (8) hour days unless agreed upon by the Program Director. The Programs are twenty-four (24) hour care facilities. Working conditions include transportation of clients between program sites, to and from scheduled trainings, medical appointments, etc. This position also includes mandatory overtime. When relief of shift is unavailable, staff are required to stay until relieved by appropriate personnel. This job at times entails going into high crime neighborhoods. This position involves being exposed to at risk populations.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Previous work in the related field dealing with youths preferred.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Bilingual [English & Spanish], Bicultural encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with LGBTQ, Bi-cultural, bilingual youth welcome to apply.
- Direct Care Staff should be one actively supports the philosophy of the Agency and maintains a high level of commitment to the clients we serve and to co-workers. Success factors include:
- Performs well under stress and in the event of a crisis.
- Ability to seek out
- Open, direct interpersonal style of communication.
- Dependable, committed and motivated.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community
Please Note: AFS Direct Care Staff I & II* - This Job Ad is highlighting to separate roles. Our Hiring Team will review your education background, experience and skillset to determine if you qualify for a Direct Care 1 or Direct Care II Staff.
This position is located at 762 Belmont Ave, Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.