Therapeutic Mentor - $500 Stay-On Incentive Eligible! *
Children's Behavioral Health
Therapeutic Mentors (TM) - $500 Stay-On Incentive Eligible! *
Employee Type: Full Time
Therapeutic Mentors (TM) serve as positive role models and help engage youth in daily activities. TMs provide structured one-on-one support to youth under the age of 21 and help with building a variety of life skills in the community. Therapeutic Mentoring services include supporting, coaching, and training the youth in age-appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other children, adolescents and adults. The TM creates strategic activities in order to meet pre-established goals.
Community based job with temporary remote work arrangement during COVID** (move higher up)
Job responsibilities and skills required:
- Direct time with youth engaged in activities in the home and community that are designed to address one or more goals on the youth’s existing treatment plan, or ICP.
- Provide coaching, supporting, and training in order to ensure the youth’s success in navigating various social contexts, learning new skills, and making functional progress.
- Maintains phone and face-to-face consultation with youth on a regular basis (i.e. at least weekly and as often as necessary)
- Collaborate with other necessary individuals the youth and family may have contact with, such as Case Managers, Probation Officers, Judges, District Attorneys, Attorneys, Teachers, Physicians, etc.
- Attend meeting necessary to achieve the stated goals and objectives.)
- Ability to provide goal-oriented services.
- Ability to Work well as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, analytical and decisive in problem solving.
- Demonstrated communications and organizational skills
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived experience.
- Submit detailed progress reports and follow compliance guidelines
- Provides client with transportation for treatment related activities
- 2 year’s minimum required experience (volunteering or working with youth)
- Degree Required: Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma/GED.
- Driver’s License and auto, and proper auto insurance required.
- Bilingual Required fluency in English and Spanish.
- Bicultural Encouraged to apply.
- Community based job with temporary remote work arrangement during COVID**
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- current hiring incentive eligible!
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
*Note: Stay-on Bonus is awarded at 3rd and 6th months of employment if employee is in good performance standing. Hiring and Stay-on Incentives are subject to review/change at agency's discretion. This program runs from June 10 - Sep 30, 2021. Must be new employee.
This position is located in Boston, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.