Recovery Specialist - PT- TSS Esperanza
Substance Use & Recovery
Recovery Specialist - Part-Time/Relief - Gándara Esperanza Women’s Transitional Support Services (TSS)
We are looking for a Recovery Specialist to work on a Per Diem basis within our Substance Use Disorder residential program team model to actively promote the philosophy of Gandara Center and maintain a high level of commitment to the program. To assist clients to remain actively involved in the milieu and attend to their needs, especially during stressful and crisis situations. To provide advocacy and safety with the milieu and when supervising clients off-site. To notify supervisors immediately in the event of a client or milieu crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an incident in the program.
- Maintain direct supportive contact with residents to continually asses their individual needs
- Complete adult comprehensive assessment, treatment plans, group progress notes, weekly progress notes, discharge summaries, and aftercare planning
- To transport clients to appointments as needed
- Acquire and maintain necessary certifications mandated by the Agency and licensing standards
- Facilitate treatment groups
- Develop strong, supportive relationships with clients, providing for their safety and care
- Collaborate with other departments in settings where care must be coordinated between medical, MAT, and psychiatric and behavioral needs
- Availability to work all shifts needed including overnights and weekends and holidays preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in human service field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with psychiatric clients preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving history.
- Must be bilingual, preferably bi-cultural (English/Spanish).
- Must have availability of an automobile to transport clients or perform other supportive services as necessary.
Benefits for Part-Time Employees
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, up to 32 hours
Note: Relief Employees do not receive benefits.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 91 East Mountain Road, Westfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.