Recovery Specialist - Cornerstone
Substance Use & Recovery
Recovery Specialist - Gándara’s Cornerstone Recovery Program for Young Women
Second Shift (3-11 pm) help wanted!
We're looking for a Recovery Specialist to work within at Gándara’s Cornerstone Recovery Program for Young Women and actively promote the philosophy of our agency to serve our clients. The Recovery Specialist will assist clients to remain actively involved in the milieu and attend to their needs, especially during stressful and crisis situations, provide advocacy and safety with the milieu and when supervising clients off-site and notify supervisors immediately in the event of a client or milieu crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an incident in the program.
- Maintain direct supportive contact with residents to continually assess their individual needs
- To transport clients to appointments as needed
- Facilitate treatment groups
- Develop strong, supportive relationships with clients, providing for their safety and care
- Associate/High School/GED + 2 years’ experience— working with Substance Use Disorders [SUD] and moderate to severe Mental Health [MH] disorders.
- Bachelor’s Degree + 1 years’ experience—working with SUD and moderate to severe MH disorders.
- Experience providing SUD treatment services, including group facilitation.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, ability to assume travel assignments related to work.
- Lived experience is valued.
- Bilingual [English & Spanish] encouraged to apply.
Benefits For Full Time
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 12 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at 59 South Street, Ware, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.