Recovery Specialist (Part-time/Relief) - SUD Avanzando
Substance Use & Recovery
We are looking for a Recovery Specialist to work within the Co-Occurring Enhanced Residential Rehabilitation Services (RRS)'s team model to actively promote the philosophy of Gandara Center and maintain a high level of commitment to the program to assist clients to remain actively involved in the milieu and attend to their needs, especially during stressful and crisis situations. To provide advocacy and safety with the milieu and when supervising clients off-site. To notify supervisors immediately in the event of a client or milieu crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an incident in the program.
Recovery Specialist Duties include:
- Maintain direct supportive contact with residents to continually asses their individual needs
- Complete adult comprehensive assessment, treatment plans, group progress notes, weekly progress notes, discharge summaries, and aftercare planning
- To transport clients to appointments as needed
- Acquire and maintain necessary certifications mandated by the Agency and licensing standards
- Facilitate treatment groups
- Develop strong, supportive relationships with clients, providing for their safety and care
- Collaborate with other departments in settings where care must be coordinated between medical, MAT, and psychiatric and behavioral needs
- Associate/High School/GED + 2 years’ experience— working with Substance Use Disorders [SUD] and moderate to severe Mental Health [MH] disorders.
- Bachelor’s Degree + 1 years’ experience—working with SUD and moderate to severe MH disorders.
- Experience providing SUD treatment services, including group facilitation.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, ability to assume travel assignments related to work.
- Lived experience is valued.
- Bilingual [English & Spanish] encouraged to apply.
Benefits for Part-Time Employees:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance*
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
*Relief employees do not receive benefits
This position is located in Ludlow, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.