Intensive Care Coordinator (Bilingual)
Children's Behavioral Health
Care Coordinator - (Bilingual)
Stay-On Incentive eligible!
The Care Coordinator facilitates care planning and coordination of services for youth, with serious emotional disturbance (SED), under the age of 21. Care Coordinators ensure that necessary services are accessed, coordinated, and delivered in a strength-based, individualized, family/youth-driven, and ethnically, culturally, and linguistically relevant manner. Services and supports, which are guided by the needs of the youth, are developed through a Wraparound planning process that results in an individualized and flexible plan of care for the youth and family. When providing care coordination, the Care Coordinator and a Family Partner work together with youth and their family while maintaining their distinct functions.
- Submit detailed progress notes that follow federal, state, and agency requirements.
- Conduct comprehensive home-based assessments and behavioral health assessments inclusive of the age appropriate version of the Massachusetts Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) that occurs in the youth’s home or another location of the family’s choice.
- Maintain a caseload of 11-14 families.
- Oversees the assembly of the Care Planning Team, and guides the development of an Individual Care Plan and a risk management/safety plan.
- Monitors the provision and quality of services provided to the family and is the liaison when new services/resources are needed to be sought or developed.
- Provides or arranges for transportation for clients to appointments, crisis/respite services, etc. if needed.
- Provides or secures support and crisis/emergency services for the youth/family.
- Collaborates with other necessary individuals the youth and family may have contact with, in order to properly coordinate care.
- Identifies community resources and development of natural supports for youth and parent/caregiver(s) to support and sustain achievement of the youth’s individual care plan, goals and objectives.
Employee Type: Full Time
- Minimum Experience Required: 1 year.
- Degree Required: Must possess an MCE approved Master’s or Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: Family Therapy, Counseling and Psychological Services, Human Services, Community Psychology, etc.
- Driver’s License and proper auto insurance required.
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 12 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Verizon and/or Sprint plans
- Hiring Bonus may vary upon degree*
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
$2000 Stay-On Incentive Eligible for Master Degree Level Applicants! *
*Note: Stay-on Bonus is awarded at 3rd and 6th months of employment if employee is in good performance standing. Hiring and Stay-on Incentives are subject to review/change at agency's discretion. This program runs from June 10 - July 31, 2021. Must be new employee.
This position is located in Holyoke, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.