Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (APRN) - $2000 Stay-On Incentive Eligible! *
Counseling & Wellness
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (APRN) - Youth Speciality
$2000 Stay-On Incentive Eligible! *
Help us continue to make a difference in the underserved communities we serve! The Gandara Center Outpatient and Recovery Services Division is seeking a full time or part time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (APRN) to work in our Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic, located in Springfield, MA. We are looking for someone with a Youth Speciality. Candidate must be licensed in Massachusetts, position is on-site & temporary COVID-19 accommodations are being made.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (APRN), Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Provides services per agency policies and procedures under the direction and supervision of the agency Medical Director.
- Provides behavioral health assessment and treatment, including medication evaluation and management for psychiatric and substance use disorders in an ambulatory setting.
- Monitors medication effects and side effects and medication reconciliation.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests and labs, and ensures that tasks, labs, diagnostics have been reviewed and addressed as needed.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the consumers served.
- Communicate changes in client treatment planning, medical needs and service needs to all staff involved in the provision of core services to clients.
- Makes collateral contacts with clients' natural support network; with other team members in-house; with other professionals/providers/agencies and in-patient treatment settings.
- Collaborates with the team to arrange for admission to other levels of care or referrals to other services.
- Additional duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from recognized school of nursing
- Youth Specialty preferred
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Nurse Practitioner/APRN in the State of Massachusetts, Controlled Substance License, and DEA license.
- Current RN MA Licensure required
- Candidate should be computer/EMR/e-prescribing proficient.
- Should be able to pass background check, have a general knowledge of third party payer clinical guidelines and standards of care.
- *Telehealth opportunity: If Licensed in Massachusetts, remote work flexibility available during COVID-19!
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- *Hiring Incentive - within 3 and 6 months of employment.*
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
*Note: Stay-on Bonus is awarded at 3rd and 6th months of employment if employee is in good performance standing. Hiring and Stay-on Incentives are subject to review/change at agency's discretion. This program runs from June 10 - Aug 31, 2021. Must be new employee.
This position is located in Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.