Direct Care I - Pride House Youth Program
Youth/Young Adult Residential
Direct Care - Pride House
We're searching for an open-minded individual for our Pride House program -- serving youth in the LGBTQ+ community in Massachusetts. Be a part of this supportive and forward-thinking team!
We're looking for a Direct Care/Human Service Worker to act a Residential Counselor for our Youth Residential Program to maintain a therapeutic environment within the residence, which includes meeting the needs of the client in the following areas: safety, medical, emotional, food, clothing, and shelter. To participate in the development of reasonable limits and structure for each child and to implement these limits on a daily basis in the residence and community in a fair and consistent manner.
Pride House Residential Counselor / Youth Residential Care Duties:
- To work as a cooperative team member and to be a positive role model for clients.
- To assist clients in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities including cleaning, cooking, maintenance, and laundry. To willingly perform these tasks when clients in a fair and consistent manner.
- To plan and organize a variety of appropriate recreational and social activities.
- To assume other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Program Director or Program Supervisor.
- Knowledge of Agency policies, practices, and procedures and to meet all rules and regulations of the Agency.
- Attends required mandatory Staff meetings.
- Participate in all Departmental training as directed by Program Director.
Pride House Residential Counselor / Youth Residential Care
- Previous work in related field dealing with youths preferred.
- Experience with LGBTQ population strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Must pass a CORI within the standards identified by EEC.
- Must have a valid MA License
- Must have a reliable vehicle available to transport clients or provide other supportive services as necessary.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located at 610 Burts Pit Road, Northampton, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.