In-Home Behavioral Therapist
Children's Behavioral Health
In-Home Behavioral Therapist
We're looking to bring on board Bilingual Behavioral Health Clinicians for our various programs throughout the state of Massachusetts! These sites include Boston, New Bedford, Brockton, Fitchburg, Springfield, Holyoke, and Chicopee.
Up to $1,500 sign-on bonus:
$750 after 3 months of employment & $750 after 6 months of employment.
The Behavioral Health Clinician/ In-Home Behavior Therapist (IHBT) will work with youth under 21 years of age and their families in the home. The service provided by the Behavioral Health Clinician/ In-Home Behavior Therapist (IHBT) is designed to treat challenging behaviors that interfere with the youth's successful functioning. The Behavioral Health Clinician/ In-Home Behavior Therapist (IHBT) will implement a behavioral assessment and develop a highly specific behavioral treatment plan in order to diminish, extinguish, or improve specific behaviors related to the youth's behavioral health condition(s). They will supervise and coordinate interventions and training to address specific behavioral objectives or performance goals. The Behavioral Health Clinician/ In-Home Behavior Therapist (IHBT) will work closely with a Behavior Monitor who will provide support.
Behavioral Health Clinician/ In-Home Behavior Therapist (IHBT) Responsibilities:
- Complete a functional behavioral assessment inclusive of the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment (CANS)
- Provide in-home and in-community behavioral observations.
- Develop an individualized focused behavior plan in collaboration with the family and the child.
- Supervise and coordinate interventions.
- Collaborate with other necessary individuals the youth and family may have contact with, such as Case Managers, Probation Officers, Judges, District Attorneys, Attorneys, Teachers, Physicians, etc.
- Attend IEP meetings, CPT meetings and any other meeting necessary to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Submit detailed progress notes that follow federal, state, and agency requirements.
- Provide or secure support and crisis/emergency services for the youth/family.
Behavioral Health Clinician/ In-Home Behavior Therapist (IHBT) Requirements:
- Minimum Experience Required: 1 year
- Degree Required: Must possess an MCE approved Master Degree in a human services field:
Counseling, Psychology, Child Development and Early Childhood Development Education, Family Therapy, Expressive Therapies, etc.
- Driver's License and proper auto insurance required.
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived experience.
- Must be Bilingual [English & Spanish].
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Hiring Bonus eligible.
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
This position is located in Boston, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.