Licensed Clinician - Adult Community
Licensed Clinician (ACCS Program]
We’re looking for a Part-Time Licensed Clinician. This Licensed Clinician will be a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA) who facilitates person centered planning and documentation and Quality Management for the collaborative between Gándara Center and the Center for Human Development's Community Based Flexible Supports service delivery structure. This position is 24 hours/week.
Essential Job functions include:
- Conduct and facilitate person-centered processes to gather information for the development of Comprehensive Assessments (CAs), CA reviews and Individual Action Plans (IAPs).
- Work with ACCS Persons, their LAR when applicable and program staff to gather information, document and update person-centered Comprehensive Assessments and IAPs; document reviews of Comprehensive Assessments and IAPs.
- When delegated by the Program Manager, perform initial assessments and screening of individuals referred to the ACCS by the Department of Mental Health within 72 hours of referral and facilitate placement of individuals in programs and services that best meet their needs, preferences, and strengths.
- Work with the Program Manager to ensure that newly referred individuals with acute health and safety needs receive necessary services immediately upon admission to the ACCS.
- Ensure that services are culturally and linguistically competent to meet Persons’ preferences and needs.
- Make necessary referrals to needed services for newly referred individuals.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES/RECORD KEEPING - necessary to meet administrative requirements of the job by government bodies, funding sources agency policy,
- Complete Comprehensive Assessments and IAPs within designated time frames.
- Monitor completion and quality of Service Notes.
- Authorize and insure that ACCS Person records including Comprehensive Assessments, IAPs, Service Notes and progress reports, incident reports, and other specialized documentation meet rehabilitation option and DMH requirements and criteria.
- Insure that ACCS Person records including Comprehensive Assessments, IAPs, Service Notes and progress reports, incident reports, and other specialized documentation are distributed to DMH and necessary parties.
- Facilitate Comprehensive Assessment and IAP review meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of rehabilitation option, DMH and third party insurance billing documentation requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to monitor the flow of written communications and records to appropriate agencies.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and the ability to learn new programs.
- Knowledge of state regulations and procedures regarding service provision.
- Able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks assigned due to changing environments.
- Knowledge related to treatment of Person population including evidence based practices.
- Knowledge of training needs and procedures.
- Person advocacy skills and ability to establish viable working relationships with appropriate agencies.
- Ability to complete annual assessments and treatment plans on time, meeting specific deadlines.
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- LPHA required (LICSW, LMHC, LRC, LADC, RN, OT, LPCA for Connecticut, etc.)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a mental health-related treatment Continuer gram.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located in Springfield, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.