Structural Analysis Engineer
DESIGN & ENGINEERING --> CIVIL ENGINEERING
What You’ve Accomplished
You have completed a BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering. You may have also obtained an advanced degree in similar fields. You have worked in an engineering role for at least 3 years and are ready to join Framatome and help deliver clean, safe energy and advance nuclear technology.
Who You Are
Your actions, behaviors, and decisions are made in a manner consistent with our Core Values: https://www.framatome.com/en/jobseekers/our-values/
You may have also acquired the following skills:
- Civil/Structural analysis, including familiarity with software tools such as ANSYS, AutoPIPE, LS-DYNA, GT STRUDL, SASSI, SolidWorks, and or SUPERPIPE
- Have or are working towards obtaining your Professional Engineer license within 1 year
- Familiarity with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and AISC Steel Construction Manual
- Nuclear Industry experience
- Strong communication and technical writing abilities
This full-time role is about making an impact on people's lives and the future of clean energy. You will leverage your skills and experience to be part of an innovative team and make a difference for our customers. As a Civil/Structural Engineer in Lynchburg, VA or Charlotte, NC, you will be a part of the proven team in the Civil/Structural Business Line in the Installed Base Business Unit. Your work will include:
- Under general supervision, perform broad, complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods.
- Provide advanced technical support related to planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components.
- Provide engineering advice as needed and displays technical competence requiring minimal direction from higher level engineering staff
This position requires occasional travel. Together we will enable clean, safe, and economical low-carbon energy to meet the global ambition for a better tomorrow.
Who We Are
Framatome is an international leader in nuclear energy recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for the global nuclear fleet. More than 2,000 dedicated U.S. Framatome employees work every day to supply ever cleaner, safer, and more economical low-carbon energy for our communities and world. As well as supporting new nuclear builds, advancing new technology and advancing nuclear energy in the U.S. and abroad. Like you, we want a brighter future.
See how the Installed Base Business Unit contributes to this future: https://www.framatome.com/en/expertise/services-and-maintenance/
Discover Lynchburg, Virginia: https://www.opportunitylynchburg.com/
Your Total Rewards Package
The range of base salary for the position is between $83,000 - $112,000, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.