Electrical Design Engineering Specialist
DESIGN & ENGINEERING --> ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
What You’ve Accomplished
You have completed a BS in a science or technical field or have equivalent work experience in lieu of degree. You may have also obtained an advanced degree in similar fields. You are ready to join Framatome and help deliver clean, safe energy and advance nuclear technology.
Who You Are
Your actions, behaviors, and decisions are made in a manner consistent with our Core Values: https://www.framatome.com/en/jobseekers/our-values/
You may have also acquired the following skills:
- Good communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Desire to learn new skills and drive tasks toward implementation and completion.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal working relationships.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Enthusiasm to work in project engineering/maintenance for an industrial/commercial facility.
- Functional knowledge of project plan development, implementation, and administration.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office.
- Willingness to provide support and instructions to operators and manufacturing technicians.
- Practical understanding in selecting and applying a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
- Willingness to research and assess best practices for new and existing chemical processes.
- Familiar with identifying aspects in a piping and instrumentation diagram and/or electrical schematic.
- Willingness to work within a nuclear fuel fabrication process.
This full-time role is about making an impact on people’s lives and the future of clean energy. You will leverage your skills and experience to be part of an innovative team and make a difference for our customers. As an Electrical Design Engineering Specialist in Richland, WA, you will be part of the proven team in the Fuel Business Unit. After initial training, optional hybrid schedules are available. Your work will include performing broad, complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods, provide advanced technical support related to planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components, provide engineering advice as needed and displays technical competence requiring minimal direction from higher level engineering staff. This position requires occasional travel. Together we will enable clean, safe, and economical low-carbon energy to meet the global ambition for a better tomorrow.
Who We Are
Framatome is an international leader in nuclear energy recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for the global nuclear fleet. More than 2,000 dedicated U.S. Framatome employees work every day to supply ever cleaner, safer, and more economical low-carbon energy for our communities and world. As well as supporting new nuclear builds, advancing new technology and advancing nuclear energy in the U.S. and abroad. Like you, we want a brighter future.
Discover Lynchburg, Virginia: https://www.opportunitylynchburg.com/
Your Total Rewards Package
The range of base salary for the position is between $58,000 - $75,000, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 2101 Horn Rapids Road Richland, WA 99354, Richland, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.