Early Career Robotics Control Engineer
DESIGN & ENGINEERING --> ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Who We Are:
Framatome is an international leader in nuclear energy recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for the global nuclear fleet. With worldwide expertise and a proven track record for reliability and performance, the company designs, services and installs components, fuel, and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants. More than 2,000 Framatome employees in the U.S. work every day to help our customers supply ever cleaner, safer, and more economical low-carbon energy.
This position is in the Nondestructive Examinations (NDE) Engineering organization, which specializes in designing custom remotely controlled, robotic manipulators and controllers and the associated visual, ultrasonic, or eddy current inspection techniques needed to inspect nuclear reactor plant components. This position is located in Lynchburg, VA.
What You’ll Do at Framatome:
- Development of hardware technical requirements.
- Design of hardware for custom control systems.
- Specify/incorporate various motors, sensors, and feedback devices for remotely operated manipulators.
- Design of controls enclosures and cable assemblies using 2D/3D CAD.
- Detailed documentation (assembly and detailed drawing packages, wiring diagrams, and operating instructions.
- Design and implement reliability improvements and upgrades.
- Support products at customer sites, when required.
Candidates likely to thrive in this role are those who enjoy working on a variety of projects at any point in time, enjoy working in a fast-paced design setting, enjoy hands on assembly and testing related work to go along with their design efforts, and who are self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology plus 0 -2 years of engineering experience. In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 year engineering degree
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial academic transcript as part of your application. Transcripts can be added in the Profile Attachments section (Step 5) of the online application.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Previous internship/co-op experience in field of study
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in control system design.
- Experience in analog and digital controls.
- Electronic circuit design (analog and digital) utilizing ORCAD schematic capture (or similar).
- Experienced in troubleshooting hardware issues from system level to board level to component level.
- Motion control experience.
- System troubleshooting / field experience.
- FPGA / VHDL programming experience.
- Your actions, behaviors, and decisions are made in a manner consistent with https://www.framatome.com/en/jobseekers/our-values/
- You are ready to join Framatome and help deliver clean, safe energy and advance nuclear technology!!
Our total rewards package
The range of base salary for the position is between $61,000 - $79,000, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
This opportunity is in Lynchburg, Virginia
After work you will enjoy all that Central Virginia has to offer. From beautiful Smith Mountain Lake to the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains you can hike, mountain bike, snowboard and water ski to your hearts content. You'll avoid the traffic hassles of a major city, while being in driving distance to many of the major cities, beaches and attractions along the mid-Atlantic coast. Take in a minor league baseball game or one of the many festivals in the region. Our Young Generation Nuclear group hosts numerous social and professional development events that will allow you to quickly build relationships and advance your career.
Discover Lynchburg, Virginia: https://www.opportunitylynchburg.com/
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 155 Mill Ridge Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502, Lynchburg, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.