Early Career Electrical Tooling Engineer
DESIGN & ENGINEERING --> ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Interested in making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose connected to our company’s mission and vision.
Essential to Framatome’s mission are our employees who provide a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and take part in innovative projects and development opportunities.
Framatome is seeking an Early Career Electrical Tooling Engineer for our Mill Ridge Road office in Lynchburg, Virginia. The ideal Electrical Engineering candidate must have a desire to work in a fast paced product development team where our primary customer is our Field Operations group who must successfully implement our products at customer sites. Typical applications are remote controlled machining, welding, Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM), and surface improvement tools. We start with a concept and follow it through fabrication, testing, and its real world usage with an expectation of first time Safety, Quality, and Performance.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of hardware and software technical requirements
- Design of hardware and software for custom control systems
- Design of controls enclosures and cable assemblies utilizing 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks)
- Detailed documentation (assembly and detailed drawings packages, wiring diagrams, and operating instructions)
- Support controls maintenance in the form of reliability improvements and upgrades
- Identify new applications and opportunities to improve existing processes and equipment
- Support products at customer sites, when required
- Seasonal travel (20%), both foreign and domestic, typically in the spring and fall.
Travel: Up to 25%
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology plus 0 -2 years of engineering experience. In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 year engineering degree
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial academic transcript as part of your application. Transcripts can be added in the Profile Attachments section (Step 5) of the online application.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Previous internship/co-op experience in field of study
- Experience in control system design and programming
- Experience in analog and digital controls
- Must be able to communicate clearly and precisely in oral, written, and presentation formats
- Electronic circuit design (analog and digital) utilizing OrCAD schematic Capture (or similar)
- Embedded controls programming experience
- Preferred programming experience: VB and LabVIEW, additional experience (C#) helpful, but not required
- Motion control experience
- Troubleshooting down to the board level of equipment with field experience
- Candidate should be comfortable with inter-disciplinary design and collaboration combining mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electronics, electrical, software, etc.
Our total rewards package
The range of base salary for the position is between $61,000 - $79,000, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
This opportunity is in Lynchburg, Virginia
After work you will enjoy all that Central Virginia has to offer. From beautiful Smith Mountain Lake to the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains you can hike, mountain bike, snowboard and water ski to your hearts content. You'll avoid the traffic hassles of a major city, while being in driving distance to many of the major cities, beaches and attractions along the mid-Atlantic coast. Take in a minor league baseball game or one of the many festivals in the region. Our Young Generation Nuclear group hosts numerous social and professional development events that will allow you to quickly build relationships and advance your career.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 155 Mill Ridge Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502, Lynchburg, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.