Electrical Design Engineering Specialist
DESIGN & ENGINEERING --> ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Interested in making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose connected to our company’s mission and vision.
Essential to Framatome’s mission are our employees who provide a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and take part in innovative projects and development opportunities.
Framatome is seeking an Electrical Design Engineering Specialist for our Mill Ridge Road office in Lynchburg, Virginia. IB-Services (Stearns Roger Group) is a multi-disciplinary engineering group that provides maintenance, upgrade and design support for existing and new equipment at nuclear power facilities throughout the world. Our group specializes in the design and maintenance of fuel handling equipment for both BWR and PWR markets to preserve the financial, safety, and environmental benefits of nuclear power, thus promoting the Framatome vision of providing access to cleaner, safer, and more economical energy to as many people as possible. This is accomplished through the talents of a mechanical, electrical, and software engineering team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in hardware design development for various control systems, for projects ranging from small to large.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle:
- Development and implementation of technical requirements
- Control System design to meet requirements
- Formulation of acceptance criteria
- Design Documentation, Calculations and Electrical Drawings
- Development instruction manuals
- Perform acceptance testing in accordance with acceptance criteria
- Support hardware maintenance in the form of improvement implementation and, at times, hands on maintenance
- Support and test products by on-site presence
- Ownership of project budget and scheduling for assigned tasks
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required
- Under direct supervision, the successful candidate will integrate into a multi-discipline team of engineers including mechanical, electrical, and software engineers. Activities range from development of new designs to maintenance of existing systems.
Travel: Occasional/sporadic. Domestic travel is, at times, required. Foreign travel may, at times, be required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or technical field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree, plus a minimum of 6 years (more typically 8 plus years) of directly related technical experience.
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Desire to work within a product development group developing advanced, custom software and hardware solutions for use in the nuclear service industry.
- Possesses exceptional technical writing skills and mastery of the English language.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or modest oversight (depending on level of experience) to develop hardware solutions in a variety of fields to meet the automated fuel handling needs in the nuclear service industry.work. The candidate will also demonstrate adaptability to different development software/platforms, as introduced.
- Thrives in an environment that is fast paced and very much “hands on”.
- Experience with automated control systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in oral, written, and presentation formats.
- Control design experience
- Real-time controls programming experience
- PLC design experience; both system design and PLC/HMI programming
- Programming experience; VB, C++/C#
- Motion controller / drive tuning
- System troubleshooting / field experience
- Networking / IT experience
- Familiarity with integration of software to control systems (analog and digital) for mechanical and electrical components is beneficial.
- Familiarity with WinCC, WPF, PLC programming, and SQL database management is also beneficial.
Our total rewards package
The range of base salary for the position is between $79,000 - $107,000, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
Discover Lynchburg, Virginia: https://www.opportunitylynchburg.com/
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 155 Mill Ridge Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502, Lynchburg, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.