Electrical Design Engineering Specialist
DESIGN & ENGINEERING --> ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Interested in making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose connected to our company’s mission and vision.
Essential to Framatome’s mission are our employees who provide a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and take part in innovative projects and development opportunities.
Framatome is an international leader in nuclear energy recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies. At our Richland facility, we design and manufacture the fuel sent to nuclear power plants providing cleaner, safer and more economical low-carbon energy to US households.
We are looking for an exceptional Electrical Engineer for our Horn Rapids Road office in Richland, Washington. Under general supervision, performs broad, complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods. Provides advanced technical support related to planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components. Provides engineering advice as needed and displays technical competence requiring minimal direction from higher level engineering staff.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs non-routine and varied electrical engineering assignments typically in areas of equipment design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Design and maintenance of industrial PLCs.
- Design electrical systems that satisfy applicable electrical standards, human factors, installation/cost, and maintenance best practices.
- Oversee field work including new installations, integration into existing systems, and troubleshooting as required.
- Start up, commissioning, operations, and maintenance of process and production equipment and associated facilities and support systems.
- Support of 24/7 fuel manufacturing facility in engineering projects and maintenance.
- Receives minimal assistance and instruction on most assignments and solutions.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required
This is a full-time, office-based position with full benefits. After initial training, optional hybrid schedules are available.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or technical field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree, plus a minimum of 0 to 2 years (more typically 2 plus years) of directly related technical experience
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Good communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Desire to learn new skills and drive tasks toward implementation and completion.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal working relationships.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Enthusiasm to work in project engineering/maintenance for an industrial/commercial facility.
- Functional knowledge of project plan development, implementation, and administration.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office.
- Willingness to provide support and instructions to operators and manufacturing technicians.
- Practical understanding in selecting and applying a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
- Willingness to research and assess best practices for new and existing chemical processes.
- Familiar with identifying aspects in a piping and instrumentation diagram and/or electrical schematic.
- Willingness to work within a nuclear fuel fabrication process.
Our total rewards package
The range of base salary for the position is between $58,000 - $75,000, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
Discover Richland, Washington: https://discoverrichland.com/
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 2101 Horn Rapids Road Richland, WA 99354, Richland, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.