Component Owner - Mechanical Engineer
DESIGN & ENGINEERING --> MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Interested in making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose connected to our company’s mission and vision.
Essential to Framatome’s mission are our employees who provide a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and take part in innovative projects and development opportunities.
Framatome is seeking a Component Owner (Mechanical Engineer) in the Mechanical Product Development and Testing Group in Richland, WA. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for the mechanical design of one or more components of the nuclear fuel being supplied by Framatome to domestic and international utilities. As Component Owner, you will work closely with various company teams and external vendors to facilitate the delivery of fuel products to customers. You will also work on the development and qualification of new component and bundle designs, as well as providing resolution of issues to support manufacturing and customer needs.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, reviewing and maintaining product drawings and specifications
- Maintaining design packages (bill of materials).
- Coordinating with other engineering departments, purchasing, manufacturing, project management, suppliers, and customers to assure on time completion of quality fuel components and services.
- Participating in resolution of component and assembly fabrication concerns.
- Developing and qualifying new and improved mechanical designs to support future fuel product lines.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the design, manufacturability, and in-reactor performance of fuel mechanical components.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- BS in Eng'g/Eng'g Tech. plus a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1-3 yrs.). In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 yr. engineering degree.
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Previous work experience in the nuclear industry
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work in fast-paced and demanding manufacturing environment
- A proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Ability to become familiar with a variety of new procedures, processes, and tooling, while maintaining priority on production, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Ability to follow existing procedures/specifications and to develop new ones
- Perform complex engineering assignments with minimal assitance and instruction.
- Ability to effectively plan and complete tasks within schedule and budget constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of fuel assembly component design and manufacturing, and/or mechanical design analysis.
- Knowledge of nuclear shipping container design
- Experience with mechanical or hydraulic testing
- Experience in Lean product/process development and design, and in manufacturing.
- Proficient in Pro E, CATIA or other modeling/design software
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- French, Japanese, and/or German language skills
- Flexibility to have temporary work assignments in France or Germany
Our total rewards package
The range of base salary for the position is between $86,000 - $117,000, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 2101 Horn Rapids Road Richland, WA 99354, Richland, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.