Associate Project Engineer
DESIGN & ENGINEERING
Interested in making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose connected to our company’s mission and vision.
Essential to Framatome’s mission are our employees who provide a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and take part in innovative projects and development opportunities.
Framatome's Installed Base Engineering organization is seeking Project Engineers for our office in Lynchburg, VA. This position will be involved in one or more projects involving next-generation Advanced Reactors, as well as installed-base nuclear power plants (e.g., on power uprates and other major plant modification projects).
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all engineering work (maintains overall technical solution, development of procedures, etc.) and other preparations (task plan) which will be required to implement the contract within budget and schedule.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow through to completion a solution to address client’s need.
- Defines and forecasts the necessary skills and work arrangements to support the objectives of the project.
- May supervise / coordinate day-to-day operations of engineers and others who assist in completion of specific project assignments.
- Represents Framatome's Installed Base Engineering in communication with other organizations to resolve questions, plan, and coordinate work.
- Proposes plans and cost improvement programs that allow the project to achieve its business objectives.
- Schedule development, linkage, and progress on work activities.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Team Supervisors.
- Identify and quantify technical risks of the engineering work performed.
Travel: Up to 25%
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- BS Degree in Business, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or similar field (other engineering degrees or plant experience with an SRO license will be considered), or related experience in lieu of degree, plus a minimum of 8 years of project work experience including at least one year managing projects. Incumbents should be working on or have achieved, and continue to maintain Framatome PM certification. Must meet all requirements for Framatome Level D certification
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed leadership qualities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage daily work assignments.
- Familiarity with NRC regulatory requirements and guidance for the applications to construct and operate nuclear power plants (e.g., 10 CFR 50.55a, 10 CFR 50 Appendices A and B, NUREG-0800).
- Familiarity with 10 CFR 50.59 for the license amendment requirements for nuclear power plant modifications.
- Familiarity with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code.
- Familiarity with configuration management of a system design.
- Experience in working on advanced reactor designs.
- Experience in working in multiple plant areas (Primary, Engineered Safeguards, BOP, Turbine Cycle).
- Experience in working with the government (e.g., DoE and DoD).
- Experience with NRC Staff / ACRS (e.g., presentations to regulatory authorities).
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 155 Mill Ridge Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502, Lynchburg, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.