Intern / Co-Op Human Resources
Interested in making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose connected to our company’s mission and vision.
Essential to Framatome’s mission are our employees who provide a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and take part in innovative projects and development opportunities.
Framatome is seeking a Human Resources Intern for our Support Center at our Old Forest Road office in Lynchburg, Virginia. Under direct supervision, provides support in functional areas of a human resources department, which may include recruitment and employment, employee and/or labor relations, pay advice, compensation administration, benefits administration, people development and training. The successful intern candidate will begin work by the Fall of 2022. This opportunity has the potential to be a multi-semester assignment giving the intern the opportunity to work in an HR environment while simultaneously pursuing their college degree.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist employees in the guidance, interpretation and application of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Advise employees and propose solutions to basic Human Resources issues.
- Assist in conducting effective, thorough and objective case management leading to timely, effective and consistent resolution of employee issues.
- Develop a thorough and up-to-date understanding of all company HR programs, including benefits, with the ability to manage benefit programs (e.g., Short Term Disability).
- Generates HR/Payroll predefined report queries
- Collaboratively work with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to resolve employee issues.
- Process employee verification of employment requests.
- Performs a variety of general office administrative duties, as required
Travel: No travel required
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree with at least 4 semesters (or equivalent) completed by start of internship. Graduate students may also be considered.
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial academic transcript as part of your application. Transcripts can be added in the Profile Attachments section (Step 5) of the online application.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Previous internship/co-op experience in field of study
- Available to work internship beginning 2022
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook& PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills and attention to detail.
- Previous work experience preferably in an HR or related setting
- Successful completion of coursework in Human Resources
Our total rewards package
The range of base salary for the position is between $17 - $21 per hour, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked and paid holidays that fall on normally scheduled workdays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
This opportunity is in Lynchburg, Virginia
After work you will enjoy all that Central Virginia has to offer. From beautiful Smith Mountain Lake to the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains you can hike, mountain bike, snowboard and water ski to your hearts content. You'll avoid the traffic hassles of a major city, while being in driving distance to many of the major cities, beaches and attractions along the mid-Atlantic coast. Take in a minor league baseball game or one of the many festivals in the region. Our Young Generation Nuclear group hosts numerous social and professional development events that will allow you to quickly build relationships and advance your career.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 3315 Old Forest Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24501, Lynchburg, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.