DESIGN & ENGINEERING
Interested in making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose connected to our company’s mission and vision.
Essential to Framatome’s mission are our employees who provide a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and take part in innovative projects and development opportunities.
Framatome is an international leader in nuclear energy recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies. At our Richland facility, we design and manufacture the fuel sent to nuclear power plants, and embarking upon advanced reactor opportunities, providing cleaner, safer and more economical low-carbon energy to US households.
We are looking for an exceptional Chemical Engineer for our Horn Rapids Road office in Richland, Washington. Under general supervision, performs broad, complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods. Provides advanced technical support related to planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components. Candidate will be responsible for production in multiple chemical processes. Activities include defining operating parameters, monitoring and optimizing the processes, and defining projects necessary for improvements.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of engineering assignments typically in areas of analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, and execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Provides support and instructions to operators and manufacturing technicians.
- Receives assistance and instruction on unusual or complex assignments and solutions.
- With oversight evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
This is a full-time, office-based position with full benefits.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- BS in Chemical Eng’g/Eng’g Tech. plus a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1-3 yrs.). In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 yr engineering degree
The following may be used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- Builds constructive relationships, communicates, learns constantly, shows creativity, knows the professional environment.
- Results, quality, and customer oriented.
- Highly motivated.
- Works well in teams and alone.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at 2101 Horn Rapids Road Richland, WA 99354, Richland, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.