Senior Financial Advisor
Salary: Commission with a forgivable draw.
The Senior Financial Advisor grows the credit union’s investment portfolio by assisting members in managing their portfolios and investment strategies through the development of comprehensive financial plans. Provides savings and protection solutions to help members plan for all of life’s circumstances, both expected and unexpected.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Identify and evaluate member and employee needs for financial services, assess the objectives and goals of the individual, then develop an investment strategy to implement.
- Prepare financial plans and check their accuracy
- Periodically meet with clients to review and update client needs ensuring investment objectives and goals are progressing according to plan. Scheduled meetings will take place either monthly, quarterly and/or yearly depending on client needs established by Representative
- Maintain consistent pipeline of new accounts in order to grow your assigned investment portfolio.
- Maintain awareness of latest legislative changes that may affect financial planning.
- Offer subject matter expertise to fellow Financial Advisors or Licensed Platform Representatives.
- Proactively market and support all relevant Credit Union products and services.
- Promote Fortera’s branch through community events, on-site programs and networking activities.
- Identify and develop relationships with Wholesalers.
- Keep current on investment products and services offered.
- Follow through on the portfolio goals set forth by Fortera Wealth Management.
- Provide regular feedback to branch employees, identified Credit Union Executives and Sales Managers regarding sales practices and business development initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Follow the rules and regulations set forth by the Credit union, FINRA, SEC and the broker/dealer.
- Address and solve business-related challenges as needed.
- Work with Branch Managers to identify and leverage cross-sell opportunities.
- Drive investment and credit union integration initiatives, e.g. call nights, branch training, etc.
- Support all product and campaign launches.
- Set and keep consistent office hours at designated branch(es)
- Support management to ensure the mission, vision and core values of the Credit Union are met.
- Satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings, trainings, and committees as required.
- Participate in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Ensure work area and equipment are clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Investments and/or assignments are efficiently delivered in accordance with established regulatory guidelines and Credit Union policies and standards.
- Good business relations exist with external vendors and their questions are promptly addressed.
- Assistance is provided as needed.
- Good working relations exist with CU personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area projects, activities and of any significant problems.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Fortera’s Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ability to accurately assess the cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining individuality.
- Exceptional sales and interpersonal skills.
- Able to independently utilize judgment and make sound business decisions.
- Able to work in cooperative manner with others.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Solid critical thinking and analytical skills
- Independent, entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to use a PC, related software, and standard office equipment
- Able to meet deadlines and maintain and effective and efficient workflow.
- Professional dress, appearance and attitude
- Able to work well under pressure while promoting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Able to work independently, as part of a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Regular and predictable attendance
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up a small object, or pinching fingers together.
- Using fingers and palm on an object.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- Frequent local travel
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias. Able to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation in word order using present, perfect and future tenses.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional coursework in business or finance preferred.
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 or 65 required
- State Life and Health Insurances licenses required
- CFP preferred but not required
- Must have in-depth investment knowledge.
- Minimum of seven years of licensed registered representative sales experience
- Previous experience working in credit union or community bank environment preferred.