Contact Center Loan Agent
This position requires someone who can expertly multi-task in a fast paced environment. The Loan Agent position is a combination of service, sales, and effective communication through our online, phone and email channels. Loan Agents are responsible for being a member advocate and providing superior service to members and potential members of Fort Campbell Federal Credit Union with a commitment to simplifying the loan process in a fast-paced high-volume call center.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Provides courteous, professional, accurate, and personal service and acts as a member advocate regardless of the outcome or decision of the loan application.
- Completes the loan application process that includes, but is not limited to the following: thorough and accurate applications; providing a comprehensive picture of member’s credit history; delivering loan approvals, denials, and counter-offer decisions; offering additional loan cross-sell opportunities; completing various loan packets for funding; and closing loans as needed.
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales and production goals on a monthly basis.
- Proactively promotes and sells ancillary credit union products and services to members and potential members.
- Actively engages in follow-up contact through remote channels that include hone, email and chat with members to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Responds to all member requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of all loan products including loan rules and requirements. Follows all standard operation procedures (SOPs) and state and federal regulations as applicable.
- Makes sound decisions in ambiguous situations while minimizing the credit union’s exposure to unnecessary risk.
- Communicates and coordinates effectively to create unity with other departments to enhance member experiences in regards to the loan process.
- Makes outbound calls to members and potential members using call lists based on marketing promotions.
- Inform members of loan application status based on information from the Loan Manager system.
- Prepares documents required to successfully process loan applications and book all consumer loan types.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule and break periods. Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Attends and participates in all meetings, trainings and committees as required.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Conveys a positive image and ensures that the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained both internally and externally.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Loan functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Good business relations exist with members. Members' problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other Service Representatives and staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities.
- Assigned deadlines are met. Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
- The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- Sales and Service Standards are met.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Must possess a outgoing, sales-oriented mindset
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and attention-to-detail skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Able to use a PC, related software applications and standard office equipment
- Professional dress, appearance, and attitude
- Must have the ability to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks in a high volume lending environment
- Meets deadlines. Able to maintain an effective and efficient workflow.
- Must be able to work-well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union
- Required to work at extended hours and Saturdays
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the writs, hand and/or fingers.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound (or their metric counterparts).
- Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; read at a slow rate; and define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
- Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs.
- Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tense and good vocabulary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of Credit Union products, services and systems
- Two to three years of financial services experience required with demonstrated lending sales performance