Life Credit Union powered by Fortera Credit Union
Location: Mid Town Medical Plaza, Nashville, Tennessee
The Market Manager will develop and implement strategies to grow market share within the Market’s territory, while driving operational and service excellence. Responsible for overall performance and revenue of a full-service branch. Leads the acquisition strategy for their assigned branch. Develops partnerships and seeks opportunities to promote credit union products and services through the acquisition of new deposit, loan and wealth management business. Trains, directs, and supervises Branch staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Acquisition and Community Engagement
- Responsible for building branch awareness for the Credit Union in the respective market.
- Responsible for external business development through partnerships with local business and by establishing relationships with Centers of Influence (C.O.I.).
- Responsible for growing deposit and loan production through the establishment of new Fortera@Work opportunities in your assigned market.
- Assesses local market conditions and identify current and prospective growth opportunities.
- Responsible for branch financial results.
- Analyzes specific sales, margins, and expense levers affecting branch profitability.
- Ensures established branch goals and metrics are met. Motivates staff to success.
- Acts as the primary loan and deposit acquisition coach for the branch team, ensuring comprehensive solutions are being recommended to our members on a consistent basis.
- Directs branch business development by partnering with Member Advisors to make outside calls.
- Conducts training and coaching on proper in-branch member financial education techniques, call nights and branch targeted correspondence.
- Ensures that branch sales and services are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains positive member relations; handles escalated member concerns. Performs necessary research and provides written responses as outlined in the CU Member Complaint Program. Ensures complaints are resolved quickly and accurately.
- Provides best in member service expertise through joint appointments and branch referrals to CUSO partners.
- Monitors the Operations Manager’s enforcement of standard operating procedures to ensure they are being followed by staff.
- Ensures the Operations Manager uses prudent judgement and provides coaching and guidance as necessary.
- Works with the Operation’s Manager to address branch personnel issues. Acts as the lead when the escalation of disciplinary action is necessary.
- Reviews and reports daily branch production, to include acquisition activities, lead tracking, call log management, business call reports, submission of new business, and pipeline forecasting.
- Responsible for proper controls and consistent daily compliance of branch security and the safeguarding of Credit Union's assets.
- Ensures the premises is clean, orderly, and that all equipment is in good working condition.
- Completes required reports, maintains accurate records and ensures that Branch functions are properly documented and retained.
- Conducts daily huddles, monthly one-on-one performance updates with action plans and quarterly branch sales and service rallies.
- Coordinates the hiring, and training of branch personnel. Coaches, counsels, develops and evaluates all branch staff.
- Approves PTO requests, timecards and branch schedules. Keeps accurate payroll and attendance records to include compliance of state DOL requirements for meal and rest breaks.
- Develops and nurtures a philosophy focusing on honest, open communication, individual productivity and strong member orientation.
- Encourages staff to generate ideas to improve service, reduce operating expenses, and increase branch profitability.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Provides day-to-day oversight responsibility for ensuring compliance with regulatory laws as they relate to functions within their departments to include OFAC, Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act compliance.
- Provides support to management to ensure the mission, vision and core values of the Credit Union are met.
Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
- Fills in, performing branch duties as needed.
- Attends and participates in all meetings, trainings and committees as required. Stays current on new operational procedures.
- Performs Branch Operations Manager responsibilities as necessary in their absence.
- Required to work at any Credit Union location which may include extended hours, holidays and Saturdays.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in accordance with established Credit Union policies and standards.
- Current member accounts are maintained or expanded and additional ones solicited. Good business relationships exist with members and their questions and problems promptly resolved.
- Branch personnel are well trained and efficient, and their activities well coordinated.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Suggestions are provided for improved efficiency or effectiveness in operations.
- Good working relationships exist with Branch personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Branch transactions, loan volumes, expenses, and profitability are in line with Credit Union standards.
- Fortera Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and team management skills.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to operate a PC, related computer applications and business equipment.
- Professional dress, appearance and attitude.
- High energy with the ability to successfully acquire new business.
- Good marketing skills with value-added concept selling abilities.
- Able to work well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work assignments to maintain an effective and efficient work flow.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Using primarily just eh fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Using fingers and palm on an object.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Exerts up to 50lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Frequent local travel.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables.
- Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission markup and selling price; ratio and proportion and percentage.
- Able to perform very simple algebra.
- Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions and make professional presentations.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Additional college coursework in business or finance preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union/bank products, services and regulations.
- Understanding of Teller/Member Advisor functions and terminology.
- Understanding of consumer lending policies preferred.
- 5 years of experience in retail management with a minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred.