Learning and Development Manager
The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for advancing the growth and development of the organization's employees. This position will assist in developmental needs to drive training initiatives and will help identify and arrange suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches for creative designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognizes performance. Serves as an internal consultant on the design and implementation of strategic project initiatives regarding people, systems, and structure. Should have excellent communication skills, critical thinking skills, decision-making skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Writes materials for new training programs when applicable; assesses current and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Trains and coaches managers and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
- Coordinates training needs assessments by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, workflows, and reports.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of departments and leadership.
- Identifies future training needs and creating a curriculum to facilitate that training
- Leads programs to assist employees with transitions due to technological changes, acquisitions and mergers
- Communicates with management, trainers and team members to ensure that all needs are met
- Collaborates with Director to facilitate executive or leadership development programs for employees
- Conducts orientation programs and arranging on-the-job training for new hires
- Assists in identifying specific problems and tailoring training programs as necessary
- Manages staff of classroom facilitators and coordinates program calendar.
- Provides timely performance feedback and documentation
- Conducts continuing education training.
- Builds solid cross-functional relationships.
- Delivers training to employees using a variety of instructional techniques including remote learning and classroom.
- Learns different Credit Union operating systems and becomes an expert in order to build/design team training programs. Produces training schedules and classroom agenda
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and tracking team member training records through a Learning Management System (LMS). Tracks and reports on trainee progress and attendance as required.
- Assists with preparation of the Training and Development budget.
- Attends and participates in all required trainings, meetings and committees.
- Satisfactorily completes all required training and comply with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include OFAC, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Act Laundering, and USA Patriot Act compliance.
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Using the upper body to press against something with steady force.
- Using the upper body to draw, drag, haul or tug objects.
- Use of the upper body and back muscles to lift objects.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Frequent local travel
Mental Activities and Requirements
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to compute ratios and percent’s, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5-6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
- Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and use adjectives and adverbs.
- Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques, systems and resources.
- Understanding of job functions and operations across the Credit Union preferred.
- Prior banking/credit union experience and knowledge of regulatory compliance preferred.
- Symitar system knowledge preferred.
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Must be an active listener.
- Accurately assesses cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining individuality and authenticity.
- Ability to write clean emails, simple correspondence, training manuals, handouts, and step-by-step training procedures.
- Able to communicate complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
- Ability to speak in public, at ease moderating or presenting to both large and small groups.
- Ability to effectively engage trainees in discussions during educational sessions.
- Ability to effectively influence others to achieve objectives
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid time management and organizational skills. Attentive to detail.
- Self-starter. Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Ability to use a PC, related learning management/online compliance software and standard office equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and supporting materials using current instructional design techniques.
- Strong collaboration skills. Ability to drive alignment across multiple levels and stakeholders.
- Exceptional leadership and appropriate decision-making abilities. Able to exercise sound judgement.
- Strong program management skills and the ability to move multiple streams of work forward simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain and effective and efficient workflow in a fast-paced environment with a demanding time schedule.
- Professional dress, appearance and attitude.
- Ability to travel to various locations to train as needed.
- Able to work odd hours to facilitate specialized training.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Communications preferred or 5-7 years’ experience in management/training equivalent.
- CPTM Certification required; or must be able to obtain within 18 months.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in training/managing related positions.
- Experience in Instructional Design and Development preferred.