Location: Mid Town Medical Plaza, Nashville, Tennessee
Salary Range: $15.50-$17.90/hr. Depending on experience.
Responsible for consistently providing all members with an exceptional experience while efficiently processing a variety of member services, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers’ checks, money orders, and cash advances. Actively engage with members and introduce members to products and services that will help them achieve their financial goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of Teller functions.
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner in line with the Fortera brand and service standards.
- Accurately process routine transactions including but not limited to cashing checks, depositing cash and checks, cash and check withdrawals, credit card cash advances, loan payments, check orders, and transfers.
- Receives checks for proper endorsement and negotiability by following credit union check acceptance guidelines.
- Sells money orders, gift cards, and cashiers’ checks. Redeems savings bonds, process wire transfers, and stop payments.
- Maintains knowledge of credit union products and services and educates members on products and services that will benefit the member including remote services such as mobile and online banking, ATMs, and shared branching.
- Processes all transactions efficiently and accurately to maintain a balanced a balanced cash drawer by following proper balancing procedures.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
- Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly resolved.
- Accurately completes account maintenance requests such as contact information changes.
- Ensures that all members are informed of Credit Union product and services, types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, and other related services and information.
- Maintains privacy of member account information at all times.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is maintained and projected.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with team members and with management.
- Actively works with branch team to provide members an excellent service experience.
- Openly communicates with branch management team any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends and participates in all meetings, trainings and committees as required.
- Participates in community and civic programs to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Performs drive-up teller and night drop functions as assigned.
- Refers cross-sell opportunities for Credit Union products and services to Member Advisors – i.e., loans, new accounts, etc.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include OFAC, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Act and USA Patriot compliance.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Works at any Credit Union location required which may include extended hours, holidays, and Saturdays.
- Teller functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Monies are balanced, and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A balancing record that meets established standards is maintained.
- Good business relations exist with members. Members' problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with team members and with management. Assistance is provided to Member Advisors and other staff as needed.
- Fortera Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Able to accurately assess the cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with others.
- Good math skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to operate PC, related software, and standard business equipment.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure while always maintaining a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Exerting up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently
- Ability stand for several hours in a day.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to compute ratios and percents and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5-6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
- Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, adjectives, and adverbs.
- Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses, and using a good vocabulary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of Credit Union operations.
- At least six months experience in cash handling, customer service, or retail sales.