Contact Center Service Agent
The Contact Center Service Agent position is responsible for providing exceptional service experiences to our members and potential members. This position delivers personalized banking services primarily through the various forms of remote delivery channels including phone, email, chat and secure message. The Contact Center Service Agent serves members through a combination of needs fulfillment, problem resolution, effective communication and member education.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Assists members with account inquiries, and transactions via all remote delivery channels; phone, email, chat and secure message.
- Performs a variety of services for members including, but not limited to: processing funds transfers, troubleshooting and resolving online banking and debit card issues, stop payments, check orders, ordering debit cards, accepting phone payments, changing payroll deductions, military allotments and direct deposits, processing wire transfers, completing research and preparing fraud and/or dispute documentation.
- Troubleshoots and provides long-term problem resolution solutions to members.
- Identifies and evaluates the needs of members and potential members and educates them on the appropriate product and/or service.
- Educates and promotes the use of different remote services for member convenience.
- Addresses all member concerns tactfully and effectively while identifying and presenting ways to resolve difficult situations.
- Processes verification of deposits and verification of accounts for other financial purposes, after ensuring proper member authorization to release information is obtained.
- Uses time management skills to maximize the number of members that can be assisted while maintaining a high level of member service.
- Upholds credit union policies and procedures
- Quotes loan payoffs based on the established Consumer Loan Department guidelines.
- Conducts follow-up contact as needed to ensure resolution and member satisfaction.
- Creates memorable and positive experiences with every member interaction by consistently going above and beyond our member’s expectations.
- Proficient in preparing written communications.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Attends and participates in all required trainings, meetings and committees.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Ensures that work area and company issued equipment is clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule that includes all hours of Contact Center operation including weekends.
- Must have or be able to quickly develop working knowledge of credit union’s products and services, Practices and Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Fortera’s Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Able to accurately assess the cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining individuality and authenticity.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on personal humility, diversity, inclusion, equity, teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and attention-to-detail skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an outgoing, solutions-oriented personality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Able to work in a cooperative manner with others.
- Able to use PC, related software applications, telephone queue system, and standard office equipment.
- Professional dress, appearance, and attitude
- Able to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet deadlines and maintain an effective and efficient workflow.
- Able to work-well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Able to work at any Credit Union location that may include extended hours, Saturdays, or holidays.
- Able to telecommute with sufficient home internet connection
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly. A
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Abiility to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two-digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound (or their metric counterparts).
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; read at a slow rate; and define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs.
Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tense and good vocabulary.
Education/Certification: High School diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years’ experience in Customer Service in a Call Center or Financial Institution environment preferred.
- Prior experience with Symitar, Adapt Phone System, and Microsoft Office Suite products preferred.