Assistant Branch Manager Clarksville, TN
The Assistant Branch Manager will supervise daily branch operations while planning, scheduling, and supervising branch personnel. Provides operational leadership for areas of the branch including accountability for attainment of key operational metrics and employee goal performance. Schedules branch employees to maintain an efficient staffing model to maximize resources and ensure outstanding member service. Compliant with all policies and procedures, meeting or exceeding all branch goals and objectives, while maintaining professionalism in the workplace. This position reports directly to the Market Manager and indirectly to the Director of Branch Operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assumes responsibility for the day to day supervision of Branch Operations.
- Directs and schedules branch activities.
- Trains employees in sound operations/lending practice and member financial education techniques.
- Coaches to develop staff performance to meet or exceed all sales and service goals and objectives.
- Assists Market Manager in conducting employment interviews, hiring, training, developing, directing, scheduling, and evaluating all assigned branch employees.
- Assists Market Manager in planning and organizing of branch outbound sales call efforts and participates in calling events.
- Communicates regularly and partners with the Market Manager to plan and support sales and marketing activities. Supports and maintains all assigned branch objectives.
- Prepares, analyzes, and controls all required logs. Completes required reports, maintains accurate records and ensures that Branch functions are properly documented and retained.
- Monitors and oversees the ATM and TCD performance effectiveness.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including Bank Secrecy and Anti-Money Laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Assist members as necessary including processing loan applications, opening new accounts and handling member transactions, inquiries and complaints.
- Plans and participates in meetings to ensure proper information flow among management and staff.
- Conducts branch quality meetings to communicate information and resolve problems.
- Participates in refinement and analysis of current operational policies and procedures.
- Implements and audits operation/lending actions for procedural and policy compliance and performs control as required. Maintains the highest standard of quality and safety for branch personnel.
- Stays current and is responsible for implementing applicable safety regulations at the branch location. Reports staff or member incidents or injury to management in a timely manner.
- Assures that the physical maintenance and overall appearances of the branch facility are satisfactorily maintained at all times.
- Fosters a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development and coaching for improvement and growth. Inspires others through words and actions to support positive employee morale throughout the credit union by embracing the Credit Union’s mission, vision and core values.
- Encourages staff to generate ideas to improve service, reduce operating expenses, and increase branch profitability.
- Monitors branch operating expenses such as stationery expenditures and overtime cost. Directs the proper acquisition of supplies and materials.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is upheld.
- Participates in a minimum of 3 community and/or civic programs annually to promote brand awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Attends and participates in all meetings trainings, and committees as required.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Performs Market Manager Responsibilities during absence as necessary.
- Assists with personnel functions or projects as assigned (open positions interviews).
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in accordance with established Credit Union policies and standards.
- Good business relations exist with members and their questions and problems promptly resolved.
- Good working relations exist with Branch personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Fortera’s Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Detailed. Able to review and assess details quickly.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills – in person and on the phone.
- Solid mathematical and analytical skills.
- Solutions oriented. Able to determine solutions for multiple levels of the business.
- Able to meet deadlines and maintain and effective and efficient workflow.
- Able to demonstrate teamwork, leadership and flexibility
- Able to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Able to work at any CU location that may include extended hours, holiday or Saturdays.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Primarily using just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Using fingers to palm an object.
- Especially when one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hand, and/or fingers.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Exerting up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or 10 lbs. constantly.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office.)
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memos, reports and essays using proper punctuation, spelling and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation n word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Thorough knowledge of CU/Bank products, services, and regulations.
- Understanding of Teller/Member Advisor functions and terminology.
- Knowledge of consumer lending policies preferred.
- Four years of professional experience in the financial services industry, including two years supervisory experience.
- Internal Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency in day to day Branch Operations.
- Profit and Loss Statement management experience