Provide support to President/CEO, Executive Team and Board of Directors. Work under supervision of EVP/COO and support efforts of Executive Management Team by handling correspondence, preparing, research, planning/coordinating meetings, taking and disseminating minutes of board and management meetings, and coordinating travel arrangements for officials, employees, and Executive Team. Act as principal contact in all matters related to Board of Directors and its committees and provide maintenance of all corporate contracts and records. Greets visitors and escorts them to meetings and appointments. May perform specialized or confidential administrative support to the Executive Team. Acts as a lead for administrative support personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Effectively perform all assigned administrative and clerical functions.
- Type and assemble documents, including memos, letters, presentations, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments, conference calls and travel accommodations.
- Receive and escort visitors to meetings and appointments.
- Process supply orders, expense reports, travel requests.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate executives.
- File correspondence, memos, records, and reports. Maintain files and records.
- Administer the Credit Union scholarship program.
Prepare and maintain assigned records and reports.
- Assemble, tabulate, calculate, and maintain reporting/statistical data on regular and special basis.
- Prepare documents and reports.
- Assemble internal reports submitted to Board of Directors and various committees.
- Draft minutes from notes and submit to management for revision and final approval.
- Work with ERM to maintain Board Master Policies and the policy list to ensure all polices are updated and reviewed annually.
Maintain effective business relations with members, vendors, and the general public.
- Resolve requests, complaints, and problems or refers them appropriately.
- Communicate with business contacts on behalf of executives via facsimile, telephone, and mail.
- Promote goodwill and convey a positive, professional image of the Credit Union.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Establish and maintain effective communication/working relations with area staff and management.
- Assist area personnel as needed. Obtain and convey information as needed.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Keep management properly apprised of the status of projects and ensures that deadlines are met.
- Assist in the coordination of Credit Union meetings and holiday activities and events.
- Coordinate Board, Executive and all Volunteer Committee functions and events.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings, trainings and committees.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical and administrative tasks including scanning, faxing and copying.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Act as a lead for the administrative support team. Coach and train junior assistants, acting as a resource consultant to clarify organizational policies/procedures and answer questions.
- Satisfactorily complete all required training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Participate in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Perform other duties and tasking as assigned by management.
- Word processing and clerical assignments are neat, accurate, and promptly completed.
- Administrative support functions are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Visitors and phone calls are received and directed courteously and promptly.
- Effective communication and coordination exists with Senior Management and Board Members.
- Department functions are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union procedures and policies.
- Good coordination and effective working relations exist with area support personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- All department records are accurate, up-to-date, and organized. Files are well-maintained.
- Fortera Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Accurately assesses cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining individuality and authenticity.
- Excellent interpersonal, member service and oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a cooperative manner with others. Presents a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Highly proficient in various computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics/presentations
- Able to perform dictation and transcription tasks at a high level.
- Proficient typing skills
- Good project management skills and well-organized.
- Highly accurate and attentive-to-detail.
- Able to use a PC, related software applications, and standard office equipment.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and maintain and effective and efficient workflow.
- Professional dress, appearance and attitude.
- Able to work well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Must be able to work independently, as a team and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Using fingers and palm on an object.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed/important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time; exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Able to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Some college or advanced administrative training preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Credit Union or financial institution operations.
- Understanding of document formats, spreadsheets, and business communications.
- Three to five years of administrative support experience, preferably with at least two years at a corporate executive level.
- Experience coaching and developing team members preferred.