Financial Advisor SkillBridge Internship
Financial Advisor SkillBridge Program – Now more than ever, military families need a trusted professional to guide them in their financial decisions. First Command is looking for SkillBridge interns with a passion for service to meet this growing need. An Internship with First Command provides transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses the opportunity to learn about a rewarding career in the Financial Services industry and specifically the activities of Financial Advisors.
Who we are:
First Command is an authorized DOD SkillBridge provider committed to helping military families get their financial lives squared away. First Command Financial Advisors are entrepreneurs at heart and energized by face to face coaching at every stage of our clients’ lives.
What our Advisors do:
- Coach military families on how to build a holistic financial plan including aspects of:
- Directly engage with the military community by partnering with local military organizations, military units, and other affiliates that support the military community
What our SkillBridge Program offers:
- Transitioning service members the opportunity to learn about the Financial Services industry and specifically the activities of Financial Advisors.
- Specialized training to equip transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses with the skills to launch a successful career in Financial Services
- A structured licensing program that includes Securities Registrations and Insurance
- On-the-job experience learning from established Advisors
- Opportunities for program graduates to join First Command as a Financial Advisor trainee
- Military support and mentorship experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven leadership skills
First Command has been helping military families pursue their goals and dreams through coaching and guidance since 1958. To learn more about our mission and vision, visit www.firstcommand.com.
Command Financial Services, Inc. parent of First Command Brokerage Services,
Inc (Member SIPC, FINRA), First Command Advisory Services, Inc., First Command
Insurance Services, Inc. and First Command Bank. Securities products and
brokerage services are provided by First Command Brokerage Services, Inc., a
broker-dealer. Financial planning and investment advisory services are provided
by First Command Advisory Services, Inc., an investment adviser. Insurance
products and services are provided by First Command Insurance Services, Inc.
Banking products and services are provided by First Command Bank (Member FDIC,
Equal Housing Lender). Securities are not FDIC insured, have no bank guarantee
and may lose value. A financial plan, by itself, cannot assure that retirement
or other financial goals will be met. First Command Financial Services, Inc.
and its related entities are not affiliated with, authorized to sell or
represent on behalf of or otherwise endorsed by any federal employee benefits
programs referenced, by the U.S. government, or the U.S. armed forces.
First Command does not discriminate in the
recruiting of Employees or Financial Advisors on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, disability, age or veteran status. No information solicited by First
Command from you is intended to be used in a discriminatory manner. All
information provided by you will be reviewed carefully, but the receipt of an
Advisor application or other information does not imply that you will be
offered the opportunity to enter into a Financial Advisor/Agent Agreement with